Booked this hotel because of good reviews here. Overall, I'm satisfied with my stay but not impressed. It could be better.
The good things are, mostly, the price (69 EUR on Booking.com) and close location to airport (1 km, 6 EUR taxi) and the nice restaurant next door (New Yorker).
The bad things:
1) they could have arranged a shuttle bus to and from the airport. This is a common thing for airport hotels, so I was surprised not to find it here.
2) breakfast is not worth the price. No juices (I can't agree to call this mixture of chemicals and water - a juice), awful coffee, no fresh fruits.
3) Very thin walls. No comments.
4) No minibar.
5) Very small elevator, narrow stairs and exits.
I'd book Holiday Inn next time.
- Also Known As:
- Cologne Airport Hotel
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Airport Hotel by The New Yorker reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.