We stayed in Brian Colling's apartment E5 in the Mar Azul resort for a week in August and had an amazing holiday. (www.marazul-resort.com) The apartment was spotlessly clean, fantastically well equipped and had everything we needed for a superb holiday. The provision of a travel cot, high chair and a safety gate and trellis for the outside areas meant that the apartment was very well equipped and safe for our young children (aged 20 months and 4). The pool is fantastic for swimming in or relaxing by and the number of shallow areas and fountains etc kept our little ones fully entertained. Even though we stayed in peak season the resort never felt overcrowded. The beach in front of Mar Azul is criticised in some of the reviews we read, but was absolutely fine for our needs- calm water for the children to splash and swim in and a mix of sand and stones on the beach area, or a short drive away takes you to some lovely sandy beaches in Estepona. Overall a top class apartment and we look forward to visiting it again.
- Also Known As:
- Mar Azul Resort Estepona Hotel
- Mar Azul Resort Estepona Hotel Estepona
- Mar Azul Hotel
- Mar Azul Resort Estepona Costa Del Sol, Spain
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mar Azul Resort is an exclusive, luxurious and peaceful oasis in a prime South-facing beach-side location next to the Kempinski Hotel Estepona & Laguna Village, with panoramic views over the Mediterranean Sea. It comprises only 72 privately-owned luxury apartments (some of which are available for rental) & Aparthotel with leisure centre, in a magical setting of tropical gardens, sculptured swimming pools, fountains, waterfalls, and romantic thatched cabanas. ... more less