I stayed in Room Mate Larios for 2 nights on 8/19 to 8/21 - 2012......this is the second time that I stay in one of the Room Mate hotels and as always when comes to service they are on the top, friendly, nice, helpful and courteous.....specially Room Mate Larios's staff,... plus andaluces are the best hosts in Spain.
The location is very very central,.... as most of Room Mate Hotels they are in historic buildings w/ contemporary, funky, gay, modern, abstract decor you name it ! oh don't forget art-deco too..
My room on the 4th floor (404) was great perfet, flat tv. safe etc. I loved it.... the furniture very retro 30's or 40's art-deco style even the bathroom and the best... a double-glass window w/ view of Larios street and NO NOICES from the street.
The breakfast buffet is continental not hot items but its ok ...not bad for 6.44 euros remember the Room Mate Hotels are in the category of boutique hotels.
The bar on the 5th floor has a nice view of the city, I don't like the big sofas in any bar for seating but there are few (tredy style)........the staff are very nice, I didn't have the opportunity to meet Larios but I met Marco the bartender and the waitresses very nice group....the food (tapas) were not that great.
The bar on the reception area w/ nice piano and restaurant, very nice are closed and the only service there is breakfast.
Pros.....Location, friendly-nice-helpfull staff, beautiful and confortable room in general nice
decor and style....nice roof terraze bar good drink prices
Cons.....after brakfast no food and beverage service untill 7pm.... a la cart menu limited, bar
and restaurant closed.
I will recommend this hotel to any one except families
- Also Known As:
- Room Mate Larios Hotel
- Room Mate Larios Hotel Malaga
- Room Mate Larios málaga
- Room Mate Larios Hotel málaga
- Room Mate Larios Malaga, Costa Del Sol, Spain
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The emblematic Hotel Room Mate Larios, again is becoming the hub and meeting place for the coolest people in the city of Malaga. Following the reopening of LATERRAZA DELARIOS last summer, the incorporation of LARIOSGASTROBAR puts in charge of the kitchen chef Pablo Molowny disciple of Berasastegui and Arzak, who after becoming very successful in the restaurant GIFT (Room Mate ÓSCAR, Madrid), earned many loyal political personalities, artists and designers who enjoyed his kitchen and new understanding of gastronomy, as well as his design and cuisine but without losing the traditional flavors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Splendia, Travelocity, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Room Mate Larios reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.