We were originally told by our agency we were staying at the Puente Real but due to a mix up we ended up staying at El Pinar, all inclusive, for just over a week.
Of course with all the confusion we were already slightly apprehensive about the hotel, particularly after reading a few bad reviews.
Luckily, El Pinar really isn't all that bad. We traveled in early June, and stayed at the hotel for 8 days.
1. Our room. We were traveling as a party of 3 young women, and had requested a room on an upper level for safety reasons. We were given a large, clean family room with 5 possible beds (two large singles, one camp bed, and one double sofa bed), two rooms and two balconies on the 10th floor. No complaints at all. Our room was spotlessly cleaned every day and we were given extra towels when we asked.
2. The food. One of our party is a particularly fussy eater but still found something to enjoy every day. The hotel provides a large amount of food, changing every day, with a diverse selection of different dishes and plenty of fruit juice, soft drinks and wine. At the end of our stay the hotel reached full capacity and as such the service did deteriorate, but that can be expected in any busy accommodation- just try to avoid busy times!
3. The free shuttle bus service the hotel provides is very, very helpful, as the hotel is perhaps a 20-30 minute walk away (or a 7 euro taxi) from Torremolinos center and the beach. The shuttle bus is provided at around half hour intervals and we made full use of it!
4. The atmosphere. Of course this probably changes as the high season begins, but when we stayed (early June) the hotel had a very calm, relaxed atmosphere- it's not a hotel that seems to attract loud, obnoxious crowds, but rather families and older guests. The staff were all helpful and friendly when we needed information.
1. The location is a part of the hotel's charm, but can also be a downside. It simply is slightly too far away from the amenities of the old town- around a half hour walk, which in the heat is not pleasant. Whilst this means the hotel is quiet and peaceful it can also mean it can be a tad boring.
2. Not providing a safe free of charge. This is a bit of a personal annoyance, although I realize it is custom in many, if not most, resorts. For insurance purposes I would rather a safe be provided for every room. In El Pinar a safe is 20 euros with a 10 euro deposit.
3. The 'nightclub'. We ventured in only once and found it a total disappointment- the hotel provides fairly decent entertainment and a really nice bar area, so an empty nightclub just seems unnecessary! If anything opening the outdoor bars for a couple of extra hours would be preferable.
Neither I or my friends have any major complaints about this hotel, in fact, we had a pleasant stay. However if I was to return to the area I'm not sure I would stay at El Pinar again- despite its relaxing atmosphere and beautiful views of the scenery it really is just a little TOO far away from the action, although with all the entertainment provided I would definitely recommend the hotel to families.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel And Apartamentos Roc El Pinar
- Eh El Pinar Torremolinos
- El Pinar Torremolinos
- El Pinar Hotel
- Torremolinos Eh El Pinar
- Torremolinos El Pinar
- El Pinar
- Hotel & Apartamentos ROC El Pinar Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, HostelBookers, Agoda, Olotels, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Tingo so you can book your Hotel & Apartamentos ROC El Pinar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.