The coach from the airport stopped on the road outside, with the exit door opening on to traffic in the centre of the road (one way street), We then found ourselves dragging cases across about 25 yard area of pebbles, set in concrete, then across a tarmac access area and finally up steps. We later realized that there was a ramp available, to the side, but this
is not immediately obvious to tired strangers arriving. There was no guidance from the coach driver, nor were any hotel staff present. The first part of this progress was not safe and the second was inconvenient.
On subsequent examination of the area, we realized why the coach did not leave the road to come to the hotel frontage, because at one side of hotel`s area, next to the road, there was a large hump in the tarmac, which would obviously risk the coach grounding.
One should be able to expect a four star hotel to have rectified their tarmac hump, but whilst it existed, to have provided guidance and assistance to new arrivals.
Having arrived at reception, we were then told that they could not forecast when it might be
possible to be able to bring the cases to our room. Having got up, at home that morning,
at 3.0 a.m, we wanted to have an undisturbed afternoon rest and so took our cases to the room ourselves.
The immediate area next to the hotel is the typical Costa Del Sol concrete urban sprawl, but as this was expected, it did not disappoint us. The area to the sea front is better, with a
pedestrian promenade, stretching long distances in either direction, one of these being to
the unusually attractive Benalmadena marina.
Having got over the sub standard arrival and reception, we discovered that we had got a room as high as requested. The outlook was across to flats opposite, but again not unexpected, in such an urban area.
From then on, were were able to enjoy the usual Riu high standard which we have come to expect from other Riu hotels at which we have stayed.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Nautilus Torremolinos
- Riu Nautilus Hotel Torremolinos
- Hotel Riu Nautilus Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located 2 km from Torremolinos* 3-storey and 7-storey buildings* 2,500 garden* Separated from beach only by the beachfront promenade* 700 m from Puerto Marina* 700 m from various shops* 8 km from the Malaga airport* 100 m from a bus stop ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Olotels, Expedia, Cheap Tickets and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Riu Nautilus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.