My wife and I stayed here from 13th June to 25th June 2010. It was perfect for what we wanted - a quiet and relaxing place to kick back and chill out in. We stayed in the Riu Benalmadena Puerto up the road last year – another fine hotel - but we decided to go to the Nautilus this time as it has a larger pool area.
The clientele was mainly middle aged (like us) and older with only a smattering of young couples with toddlers. There is really nothing here by way of entertainment for older children and teenagers …and long may it remain so.
The guests themselves were mainly German and Dutch with a few British. We were the only Irish there as far as I know.
We were on half-board basis which meant our breakfast and evening meal was included. We availed of the breakfast from the get-go but we were not too enthusiastic about the evening meal having experienced too much bland food in other hotels offering the service. Accordingly, we dined out for the first few nights. Then one evening we decided to sample the fare. What a surprise! The food was excellent. We dined in-house every night after that. (I should mention that it is a self-service buffet arrangement).
At our first evening meal the waitress asked us, when we ordered a bottle of wine, if we would like a ticket. A what? She explained that if we did not finish the bottle of wine they would cork it and keep it for us the following night. The idea of not finishing a bottle of wine with a meal struck us as odd in the extreme so we declined the offer. However, looking around, it was clear that many diners were availing of the service. One couple got at least three nights usage from one bottle. Which tells you a lot about the clientele – ravers they are not.
The staff were excellent – efficient and very friendly. Even the maids greeted you with a "Hola” and a smile. The manager made a point of meeting all guests and it was clear too that many of them had been there before when he and other staff greeted some new arrivals as if they were old friends. Indeed, several guests told us they had been there on several occasions with one UK lady telling us it was her twelfth annual visit.
Our room was fine and spacious. The beds were very comfortable and the air-conditioning very efficient. The cleaning service was excellent and we came back one day to find the maid had ingeniously folded a couple of hand towels into the shape of an elephant’s head!
We also enjoyed the varied evening entertainment. For the two weeks we were there we saw none of the acts twice.
What are the downsides? As far as we are concerned, there are none. The hotel is ideally located near the Marina and Benalmadena’s Twenty Four Hour Square is within walking distance if you wanted to avail of the local bus service to Malaga or Fuengirola.
We have been coming to the Benalmadena/Torremolinos area for several years. This will be the hotel we will return to from now on. Top class.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Nautilus Torremolinos
- Riu Nautilus Hotel Torremolinos
- Hotel Riu Nautilus Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located 2 km from Torremolinos* 3-storey and 7-storey buildings* 2,500 garden* Separated from beach only by the beachfront promenade* 700 m from Puerto Marina* 700 m from various shops* 8 km from the Malaga airport* 100 m from a bus stop ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Olotels, Expedia, Cheap Tickets and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Riu Nautilus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.