We stayed at this hotel for 5 days including New Year's Eve. We booked with half board and it was a good value since most of the dinners were buffet, and only one a la carte, and the buffet offered a better variety, however the a la carte dinner was good but didn't offer many choices.
Breakfast in hotel was very good, plenty of choice.
We had a problem related to the New Year's Eve dinner since we have booked previously half board and they wanted us to charge us an extra payment, 25EUR per person for the dinner, however this issue was quickly solved and I believed it was a misunderstanding between the hotel and the agency.
Regarding New Year's Eve, I think the hotel could have organized some kind of animation like music or something like that since in Granada's center all tapas bars and pubs were closed and there was only some kind of animation in Plaza del Carmen which in my opinion was very poor and it only started at 11:30pm and finished around 1:00am.
The rooms as well as the entire hotel are beautifully decorated. The room was warm, clean and comfortable but as a couple we would prefer a king size bed instead of 2 separate beds. The biggest problem in the room was that there was only one channel TV in English (BBC News) the rest were all Spanish channels.
Parking the car in the hotel is very expensive (15EUR per night) and despite the fact that it is difficult to park the car in the center of Granada we could park the car every night in streets near the hotel.
The staff are friendly specially in the restaurant, however they don't speak any English in the restaurant only Spanish which I think should be improved since this is a skill everyone should have when working in tourism industry. This was a problem not only in the Hotel but in other touristic places as Sierra Nevada where almost no one speaks English. Alhambra was the only place in Granada where I found people who could speak English.
Hotel is near to the center by car (10 to 15 minutes), as well as near the Alhambra (10 minutes) and Sierra Nevada (30 to 45 minutes). A cab ride to the center of Granada costs around 7 to 8 EUR.
Overall we had a good time in this hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Abades Nevada Palace Granada
- Abades Nevada Palace Hotel Granada
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In Abades Nevada Palace Hotel**** we are pleased to make you feel comfortable among us and we are determined to achieve this goal.Holidays, businesses, celebrations and events...regardless the reason of the trip, you are guarantied your event will be a complete success and you will enjoy a pleasant stay.We count on professional people who will turn your stay into a pleasure.The maximum comfort, service quality and professionalism have been the main pillars of our philosophy for 25 years.Our principal objective is to develop a good relationship with you and to become stronger together. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Splendia, Travelocity, Otel, Olotels, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Fastbooking and Tingo so you can book your Abades Nevada Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.