Stayed here for a total of eight nights (July 27th - 4 nights and Aug 7th - four nights).
Staff VERY attentive.
Lovely hotel - Deluxe room on floor nine slightly better than one on floor eight.
Problem with our a/con on 2nd stay resulted in us being moved at 2130 - though staff very helpful and checked that everything was OK next day.
Curtains in rooms are electrically operated - which we did not realise until third night, having jammed them trying to open manually!!! Be warned.
One drawback is that the rooms are 'modular' - toilet, basin and shower within the one room (but obviously separate - if you get my drift).
Not ideal if you are sharing with someone you do not know very well!
Brilliant views and fantastic roof terrace.
Ate in the restaurant for the first night only. Food OK, if somewhat limited selection, but DJ and music, whilst not particularly loud, was somewhat intrusive.
Could not get Wi-Fi to work but that's probably due to my Dell mini which takes exception to certain systems. However, 2 PCs in lounge with free access 24/7.
Hotel stands on 'mini' Rambla that contains many, mainly ethnic, cafes and small restaurants but you are only a 10 min walk from La Rambla and Metro.
Taxi rank outside door.
Would definitely stay again.
And they take Tesco Club card vouchers (in advance - obviously).
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Raval Hotel Barcelona
- Barcelo Raval Hotel
- Barcelo Hotel Raval
- Barcelo Hotel Barcelona
- Barcelo Raval Barcelona, Catalonia
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Barceló Raval **** hotel is strategically located in the heart of Barcelona, in the fashionable Raval district, one of the city's trendiest areas and an epicentre of art and culture. The Barceló Raval hotel has become a symbol of the transformation and modernity this area of the city’s old quarters is experiencing, due to its unique oval architecture and exquisite avant-garde interior design. In its 182 modern rooms and 4 sophisticated suites you will find an iPod docking station, a Nespresso coffee maker, an original 'ReFuel' minibar concept and, an innovative 'ReCharge' room service. This singular and central city enclave is the meeting point for the people of Barcelona and tourists to enjoy the city in all its splendour. The delectable terrace of the restaurant-bar-cocktail bar, B Lounge, the spectacular 360º terrace and the Manuel Vázquez Montalbán terrace allow guests to enjoy a complete Raval style enjoyment of the meals and cocktails. In a firm commitment to its cosmopolitan and international character, the Barceló Raval**** offers a gastronomic choice which combines Asian, Arabic and Indian cooking techniques with the most traditional Catalan cooking. Taking care of every last detail, and using only the best ingredients from the Mediterranean coast and the famous Boquería food market. Salads, filled baguettes, bikinis, frankfurters, burgers and Raval-style tapas are just some of the delicious suggestions you can enjoy on this terrace which is open to the public. Don't miss out, come and enjoy the best DJ sessions in a very special ambience. And to crown this extraordinary building, there is a roof top terrace where you can bathe in the swimming pool-sun terrace whilst enjoying panoramic views of the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Barcelo, Priceline, Orbitz, Splendia, Travelocity, Tablet Hotels, Venere, Escapio, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Barcelo Raval reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.