I stayed at Casa Gracia with two friends in a private 3 bedroom, shared bath for three nights. The hostel itself is beautiful with very interesting architectural details, including a very old elevator (it's safe!). Staff is welcoming and speaks great English, although we wished they knew more about the sights in and around Barcelona. They did plan fun evening activities that I highly suggest everyone participants in (club night, sangria & tapas). We were given a room on the 4th floor which was very basic and could have had more electrical outlets, but all the beds were on the floor (not bunked) which was appreciated. The bathroom next to it was incredibly small but usable. Bring a hair dryer if you need one - apparently there's only one or two that float around the hostel and they're impossible to find. Try to ask for a room on a lower floor if it's really hot outside. The weather was cooler (about 70 degrees) and humid, it was still really hot, sticky, and stale air in the room. We kept the windows open all the time even during thunderstorms. They may turn on air conditioning when it's hotter. Not a great view from the room but that shouldn't be important when you're only there to sleep. Breakfast was basic (cereal, toast & jam, juice) but perfect for a bite to eat before exploring the city. The location was superb! It's easy to walk everywhere and there's also a metro stop down the block. It took about 15/20 minutes to walk to La Sagrada Familia and, in the other direction, to Las Ramblas. Overall I would highly suggest Casa Gracia for anyone looking for a reasonably priced, nice hostel in a great location.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Gracia Hotel
- Casa Gracia Hotel Barcelona
- Casa Gracia Barcelona Hostel Catalonia
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hostel Casa Gracia is situated in the most emblematic zone of Barcelona. It’s a modernist building typical of the city, completely renovated following an elegant and creative design, leaving a wonderful feeling of home. Founded in June 2010 Casa Gracia offers comfort, fun, tranquillity and security in a central place of the city.Who are we?We are innate travellers wishing to create a hostel which reflects art, simplicity, comfort, everyday luxury. As frequent travellers we know what tourists are looking for when visiting Barcelona. At all times the hostel thinks of its guests. We help you to feel part of the family. We believe a journey is special if the composition of elements function, of which one is to feel good in a place where one leaves ones belongings, where one sleep and relax, in where one ultimately stays. Casa Gracia creates the possibility of your visit to become fun, relaxed and special. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Agoda so you can book your Casa Gracia Barcelona Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.