Unfortunately, my brother and I were very disappointed with our 3 night stay at El Jardi. He had stayed there five years ago and gotten a room on the top floor with a huge roof/terrace. We thought we were booking the same room, though we got a different room on the top floor with a smaller terrace (though this is not El Jardi's fault) it set the tone for our continued disappointment. The rules of the hotel permit ANY visitors (though this was not the case 5 years ago). A friend of mine from back in the USA is studying in Barcelona and she was not allowed to come in with us. Also, they will ask you to leave the lobby area after a relatively short time (we were told by one concierge that there is a FIVE MINUTE LIMIT IN THE LOBBY?!?!)
Considering that it is the only place we were able to get wifi and communicate with the world we left behind, this seemed ridiculous.
The walls are boring and white (though they finally put up some paintings in the lobby be the time we left). The one photo/drawing in our room was not quite pleasant, and the overall experience was not very impressive. The location is great, but for the money you can certainly live better in Barcelona.... For the same price our hotel in Madrid was about ten times as good (friendly, helpful, nice interior, beautiful views...)
If you don't plan on ever being in your hotel, and if you preferably have a phone that works in Barcelona, this hotel may not be so bad, but for us it was a let down.
- Also Known As:
- El Jardi - Hostal Hotel Barcelona
- El Jardi - Hostal Hotel
- Hotel Jardi Barcelona
- Hotel Jardi
- Jardi Hotel
- Jardi Hotel Barcelona
- El Jardi Barcelona, Catalonia
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With a privileged location, "el Jardí" is at the artistic and commercial heart of the city center. The Plaça del Pi, near Las Ramblas is a meeting point for visiting the main sights. On foot, you can visit the Cathedral, the Plaça Catalunya and the Palau de la Generalitat, the Passeig de Gracia, el Born district, the beach, the maremagnum or the port.In a 300 years old building, "el Jardí" offers 40 rooms equipped with bathroom, air conditioning / heating, safety box, satellite TV and telephone. The lobby is wi-fi ready and there is a personal computer available for our customers. "el Jardí" also offers the option of a Continental breakfast.With a friendly atmosphere and a multilingual team, our reception strives every day to provide a personalized attention to our guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your el Jardi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.