I booked this hotel through airmiles for a 3 night stay with my mum as it was on a good offer paid for by airmiles with breakfast. It cost around 25 euros to get there from the airport in a taxi.
We booked a twin room, and the room was large with a big bathroom with both bath and shower. The room was well maintained with a mini bar and plenty and storage space and air conditioning. The room was a front facing room over looking the Avenue Diagonal (which is a VERY busy road) but outside noise was not an issue and never bothered us.
I wouldn't have picked this hotel if I were paying for it (rather than using airmiles) as it was a little further from La Ramblas than I would have liked - it was about a 40 minute walk, but not a bad walk as the Avenue Diagonal is lined with shops and cafe bars and resturants, as are all the smaller streets on the walk down to La Ramblas. But the location isn't too much of an issue as there is a bus stop right outside the door with buses pulling up all the time - several times we caught a taxi from the top of La Ramblas (just outside Hard Rock Cafe) back to the hotel and this cost between 6 and 7 euros.
The best way to see Barcelona and all the sights is using the open top tour buses which are very frequent (about every minutes) and there is a stop about 2 minutes from the hotel so we used these buses and just hopped on and off at all the sights. The buses cost 22 euros for one days travel and 29 euros for two days consecutive travel and they operate two main routes which cover all the main sights in Barcelona and there is a stop for both routes just a couple of minutes walk from the hotel and I think this the buses are great value and the best way to see the city with a full headphone commentry in a variety of languages.
Breakfast was included and this was a breakfast buffet selection which included a limited range of fruit, lots of pastries and meats and bread and on the whole was nice. The service left a little to be desired - we were never welcomed into the breakfast room or asked if we wanted anything cooking from the hot menu (which was an option), as did the hot drink selection as the water for the tea and coffee etc was in flasks and was quite often just warm rather than hot - but this aside, it was still a reasonably nice breakfast and nothing really to complain about.
A couple of down sides to the room were there was absolutely no information in the room at all about the hotel - such as checking out times etc, usually this comes as standard in a hotel room but there was nothing at all. We also didn't realise until the second day that if we wanted maid service to make up the beds we had to leave a sign on the door to ask that they come and change the towels etc - we only found this by chance by looking at the back of the 'do not disturb sign'. (Not a negative, but just for info there was no tea and coffee tray)
This is a good tourist class hotel and good value for money - clean and well maintained and a good base for exploring the city.
- Also Known As:
- Hcc Covadonga Barcelona
- Hcc Covadonga Hotel Barcelona
- HCC Covadonga Barcelona, Catalonia
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on Avenida Diagonal, the city's main thoroughfare, and in the middle of the business, shopping and tourist district, the hotel occupies a stately classical building which dates back to the early 20th century. The hotel has been renovated on a few occasions, resulting in a harmonious combination of the building's classic elements and the type of amenities one would expect in a modern hotel. Guests are therefore guaranteed a comfortable and relaxed environment, making this hotel an excellent place to stay in Barcelona. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Travelocity, Otel, Olotels, getaroom.com, Venere, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your HCC Covadonga reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.