My girlfriend and I spent 6 nights at Condal Mar. We didn't know what to expect but when we arrived we were pleasantly surprised. The room was very clean, quiet, and had air-con which was essential as the heat at night made it uncomfortable to sleep in but was kept cool the whole night. Everyday the room was cleaned to a high standard and the beds were very comfortable, firm, yet gave me some of the best sleep I've had in a long time. As we were on a tight budget we didn't use the mini bar (which we did look at and realised the fridge was almost room temperature?), or the bar, the restaurant and other services, but presume they were very good.
The location may slightly put people off, others may find it very efficient. The nearest Metro is Selva de Mar or Besos Mar in which took about 15-20 mins to reach the inner city. There is also a tram that runs up and down Diagonal - one of the main roads into town and a bus service. The beach is about 10-15mins walk and isn't as busy as beaches further down due to it being further along. A large mall and supermarket are about 10 mins walk from the hotel; we went to the supermarket 'Al Campo' everyday as the prices were cheap and provided a great range of food including a whole aisle of gluten, wheat and dairy free products which were essential as my girlfriend has food intolerance.
As Condal Mar was situated out of the city centre, it was a lovely retreat and respite after walking around Barcelona in the heat and noise. Further, it seemed to be more of a local area which is what we wanted. A rooftop pool is very small (and strangely colder than the sea), so when there is more than say two or three people swimming, it looks and feels busy. At night however, the rooftop views are beautiful, stretching across Barcelona with the Sagrada Familia in sight.
All in all we had a lovely stay and was well worth the money.
- Also Known As:
- Tryp Condal Mar Hotel Barcelona
- Tryp Condal Mar Hotel
- Vincci Hotel Barcelona
- Vincci Hotel Condal Mar
- Vincci Condal Mar
- Hotel Condal Barcelona
- Tryp Condal Mar Barcelona, Catalonia
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Tryp Hotel Condal Mar is one of the most modern hotels in Barcelona. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Sol Melia Hotels and Resorts US, Travelocity, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Tryp Condal Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.