We are staying here for 2 nights at the end of a pilgrimage. The Parador is perfectly located next to the Cathedral and the old town. It used to be a hospital. The building, the courtyard and the restaurant are superb; we have a room on the ground floor directly overlooking the street. There is a very annoying bagpipe player a short way away in an alley leading out of the square. Right now, I feel like paying him to quit. Suggest getting a room on the other side of the hotel. The room adequate; twin beds pushed together which we dislike intensely. Good sized bathroom but with the all too common half door shower stall that no matter how careful you are manages to spray water everywhere. The minibar prices are outrageous. If you are here for a religious reason and have done the pilgrimage, I would say a night in the Parador is worthwhile but don't expect the service of a Ritz or Four Seasons. We'll write about the restaurant separately.
- Also Known As:
- Parador De Santiago De Compostela Hotel Santiago De Compostela
- Parador De Santiago De Compostela Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Royal Hospital, late 15th century pilgrim¿s hostelCombining history, art and tradition, the goal of pilgrims and the emblem of St. James, the Hostal dos Reis Católicos, in the Plaza do Obradoiro, forms together with the cathedral one of the world’s most remarkable, and most visited, urban settings. The Hostal, which first saw life as a Royal Hospital in 1499 to house the many pilgrims arriving in Santiago, today still invites the traveller to enjoy this universal and fascinating city. Considered the oldest hotel in the world, it is also one of the most luxurious and beautiful. It has four extremely beautiful cloisters, elegant public rooms, spectacular bedrooms and a luxurious dining room offering Galician style fish and meats and the classic apple filloa pies and crème brulee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Olotels and Venere so you can book your Parador Hostal Dos Reis Catolicos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.