World class hotel in a formal city. Check-in was a non-issue, room was ready ahead of time. The rooms are quite small, even by European standards. We chose to upgrade to the king suite (without the view so we could have quiet) and with a little bit of hesitation on our part the price of the upgrade came down. The front desk staff was professional; the concierge took care of our reservations; the wait staff both in the bar and rotunda, superb. What a beautiful place to relax and enjoy a perfect gin and tonic and some appetizers - expensive but excellent. That said, Madrid is an expensive city at this level but you certainly get what you pay for at the Westin Palace. (I cannot say the same about the Ritz across the street. God awful!)
We had no problem with air conditioning. If anything, it was too strong, and that's even with the weather being quite hot. We simply kept the air conditioning on in the salon and not in the bedroom during the night. Housekeeping was flawless - extra feather pillows, hangers, and toiletries. They easily accommodated our later schedule , cleaning our room at 10 pm. Beds great.
I will be a return guest. I loved my stay in Madrid and at the Westin Palace.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Palace Madrid Hotel
- The Westin Palace Madrid Hotel Madrid
- Westin Madrid
- Madrid Westin
- Westin Palace Madrid
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built by order of King Alfonso XIII in 1912, The Westin Palace, Madrid was recently restored to its original splendor. Situated near the Prado museum, historic monuments and some of the best tapas restaurants in town, It is listed in the Condé Nast Traveler "Gold List 2010" as one of the best hotels in Spain. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Starwood EMEA, Orbitz, Splendia, Cheap Tickets, Otel, Priceline, Amex, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Travelocity, Venere and Tingo so you can book your The Westin Palace Madrid reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.