We stayed here for 8 days and had a lovely time. The place is quiet, pristinely clean, did I say quiet and the front desk is extremely helpful.
To start the rooms are very cutely designed and spacious enough. We knew that most European rooms are smaller so we were pleased with the size. The bathroom was larger than you would expect for the room size and had a bidet....which was a nice touch literally...lol. The room had a door that opened out to the street side so you could get fresh air and hear the city if you wished. The only con about the room was the lack of storage space for clothes. There wasn't a dresser for us to put our clothes in and the number of hangers provided were limited for two people residing for 8 days. Minibar prices were reasonable and the TV had a few English speaking stations.
All of the attendants at the front desks were helpful in providing directions, entertainment recommendations and answering all of our questions. They were also all pretty friendly and spoke good English. At night the hotel locks the front doors to limit access to only guests which had us feeling even better knowing that strangers could not just access the hotel. They recommended a Flamenco show, called our taxis, helped us rent a car and scooter and navigate the city with ease.
Amenities are limited but the location of this place provides all you need. Restaurants are abundant on Gran Via as well as bars, the Metro, tour buses and all types of shopping and entertainment. Our favorite tradition became having a pitcher of Sangria on one of the hotels terraces before heading out for a night on the town. The only con is that the terrace closes around 11:00pm and the nights in Madrid are so nice you just want to sit out there all night long. When booking our hotel we also pre-paid for breakfast. We found this not to be ideal for us because the selections were not our taste and we tended to stay out late and not catch it anyhow. There is a McDonalds (which has a great Cafe inside), Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts, and many Cafe's that had more options to suit our taste.
We will definitely stay here again when we visit Madrid again...it was definitely a great place that helped make our visit to Madrid extra enjoyable.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Atlantico Gran Via Madrid
- Atlantico Hotel
- Hotel Atlantico Madrid Centro
- Hotel Atlantico Madrid
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Emblematic stately building built in 1920, crowned by a tower with a French dome and located in the heart of Madrid. Soundproofed rooms provided with the most modern technology and an elegant decoration. The terraces "Gran Vía" and "Real" offer wonderful views over the city. It is just a few minutes away from the most important historical monuments and museums of Madrid, next to the shopping centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, EasyToBook, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Atlantico reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.