Matera is a fantastic story and a wonderful walking city. Locanda di San Martino is the place to stay when you are here. Their unique rooms are built into the cliffside and are stacked upon one another, blending into the surrounding cityscape. The room we had, number 10, was spacious and had a wonderful view. The highlight for us was visiting the underground 'Thermae', a multi-level swimming pool, sauna and hot tub complex. Breakfast was in a nice setting but was not spectacular.
- Also Known As:
- Locanda San Martino Matera
- Hotel Locanda San Martino
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Locanda di San Martino lies in the heart of Matera’s Sassi Historical District, and at the same time it is conveniently located at a very short distance (100 meters) from the city center. The Locanda radiates outward from the deconsecrated church of San Martino and the street of the same name, through a series of balconies that enjoy a sunny exposure and a wonderful view of the Sasso Barisano. There are twenty-two guest rooms situated on four levels, renovated with the greatest care in order to respect their original forms as single homes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Locanda di San Martino - Hotel e Thermae reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.