My girlfriend and I stayed here for 4 nights and absolutely loved it. Our room was large with a king bed. AC worked beautifully. The building was clean, inside and out. Wi-Fi is free.
Yes, the front desk is never manned (at least we never saw anyone while we there other than the woman who cleaned our room). We enjoyed this as it felt very a little more like home and they were just a phone call away if needed.
Yes, the shower in the bathroom is tiny and there isn't a bathtub. Honestly though, we were too busy to notice... jump in, get clean, get out and go explore this fantastic city :)
Yep, the elevator is also tiny. The only time this was an issue was when our greeter, my girlfriend, me, and all of our luggage tried to fit in it when we arrived for check-in. Otherwise, we had it completely to ourselves every other time we used it.
The cafe around the corner where you get breakfast was wonderful! The breakfast is simple: juice, coffee, and a pastry, but it was honestly the best cappuccino I've ever had. The service was fantastic every time.
Yes, there is graffiti on the walls of the buildings on this street, but the front of the hotel was clean and there was no graffiti on the door. Graffiti seems to be a fairly common thing in Rome, regardless of location. Never once did her and I feel unsafe, and we were coming and going at ALL hours...
All-in-all, this probably isn't the place for everyone. If you're independent, don't care to be doted on, and have a good sense for adventure, this is the place for you.
- Also Known As:
- Townhouse Campo De` Fiori Hotel Rome
- Townhouse Campo De` Fiori Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Town House Campo de' Fiori is a new and charming accommodation situated in one of the most beautiful antique areas of Rome, located in a building dated 1600. From its windows which overlook the splendid Piazza Campo de’ Fiori you can breath and experience the atmosphere of Rome during the renaissance period and admire in the background the cappella of the S. Andrea della Valle church.Just one of the only characteristics of this location is the possibility during the day to visit the oldest market place in Rome (Campo de’ Fiori) where you can meet the real roman residents, whilst in the evening the square changes completely face and becomes a meeting point for all people of all ages and nationalities. A location rich of culture offering beautiful fountains, important museums, boutiques and art galleries, coffee shops and tipical restaurants all within walking distance ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Townhouse Campo de' Fiori reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.