My husband and I stayed in Rome for an entire week and stayed at Aldrovandi. What little feedback I have about areas for improvement are minor compared to all the wonderful things I have to say about this place. From the minute we checked in, the service has been pleasant, courteous, and quite accommodating. While it's true that this place is not in the middle of all the action, this is certainly what makes it a gem of a hotel. They offer complimentary shuttle to the Spanish steps and from there, a lot of places can be reached by foot or a short taxi ride.
In fact, we have another 2 days here but I wanted to make sure that I don't forget to write a great review. You may wonder about the 1 star missing. Having to constantly connect to the wifi was a tad inconvenient - access should just be uninterrupted. The second suggestion I would make is to provide some variety to breakfast. The spread was always sufficient. After all, breakfast does not have to be the buffet of eggs, bacon, and pancakes. However, it would have been nice to have more variety of fruit and pastries.
The beautiful pool was a nice respite from the hot summer days of Rome and after walking for so long, it was always nice to return for a nice, refreshing swim and a nap. When we return, the turndown service makes going to bed so nice and relaxing.
This trip was our 10-year anniversary celebration and I want to thank Aldrovandi for making it a truly memorable trip!
- Also Known As:
- Aldrovandi Villa Borghese Hotel
- Aldrovandi Villa Borghese Hotel Rome
- Aldrovandi Palace Hotel Rome
- Aldrovandi Palace
- Aldrovandi Palace Rome
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Superbly located within Rome's most upscale residential area, between the green expanse of the Borghese gardens and the historical reminiscences of Valle Giulia and the Borghese Gallery, the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese is one of the most desirable premises in Rome within walking distance from extraordinary venues as the Spanish Steps and Via Veneto.Privately managed, this grand hotel was refurbished in 2008 to render it one of the undisputed sought-after addresses in Rome. With its own private park of colourful exotic vegetation, outdoor pool and garden fine-dining, the hotel is an elegant and graceful oasis of endless relax where guests can indulge in the soothing atmosphere and incomparable amenities of a resort while staying in the heart of the city. The glamorous Michelin-starred restaurant of the hotel, 'baby,' with its cool white and cream minimalist interior features the quintessence of the Italian and Mediterranean haute-cuisine, a true unique dining experience. Recreation and HealthOutdoor pool and fully equipped fitness room. The Borghese Gardens opposite to the hotel are ideal for jogging. Tennis, 18-hole golf course, riding and polo are available nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Amex, Splendia, Agoda, Travelocity, Otel, LHW, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Venere, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Aldrovandi Villa Borghese reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.