1. The reviewer last year was right. Even though the outside temperature was over 75 F (24 C), the hotel management refused to turn on the airconditioning, forcing me to open windows and breathe cigarette smoke from the patio below.
2. Breakfast is served in a very crowded series of small rooms. To any experienced traveler the buffet was unpalatable - overcooked scrambled eggs, soggy pastries, low-end cheeses and cold cuts.
3. When I arrived for breakfast and asked for a table for one, the head waitress impatiently gestured behind her, so I went in the general direction she was pointing and found a table. Asked for a capuccino and got it. Midway through the capuccino (before any food), decided to go to the bathroom. When I got back less than 5 minutes later, the table had been cleared and other people were sitting there, so rather than make a fuss I sat down elsewhere. The head waitress conspicuously refused to set my table, even as she served the ones beside me. After another 5 minutes I asked her to do so, and she said accusingly: "You already had breakfast in the other room", as if I was trying to cheat the hotel by eating two breakfasts in a row (?!). So I explained that my first table had been taken away. Without any attempt at apology she finally set my table, and asked "Coffee?" So I asked for a capuccino. To this, she triumphantly said: "You already had a capuccino in the other table, so all you can have is American coffee." This is a true story.
4. I am a professional hotelier, owner of a 5-star resort in Asia. It was perfectly clear to me that the clientele of the Ponte Sisto mainly consist of package-tour groups paying cosiderably less (probably 1/4) what I paid booking through the internet. This explains why management and staff are indifferent to guest comfort, service, and satisfaction.
- Also Known As:
- Ponte Sisto Rome
- Hotel Ponte Sisto Rome
- Ponte Sisto Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Peaceful and quiet, the 4-star Hotel Ponte Sisto in Rome is located in a completely renovated historic building, enveloped in a relaxing atmosphere with a splendid garden filled with luxuriant palm trees and flowers from all over the world.The rooms are cozy and restful, able to keep the chaotic city or memories of a busy day at work at a distance to fill you will harmony and well-being within the bright marble furnishings and floral decorations.The friendly Hotel Ponte Sisto front desk staff takes care of all guest needs, booking excursions and guided tours, recommending clubs and restaurants to make your stay in Rome an unforgettable vacation or productive business trip. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Olotels, Travelocity, Otel, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Ponte Sisto reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.