We stayed there in July and the hotel, to be honest, was a bit disappointing. I thought it to be better to list all pros and cons, as there are quite a few.
- Location: it is only 5 minutes away (by foot) from the Vittorio Emanuele Metro station and a good 15 minutes away from Termini Railway Station
- Extremely big room: our looked like a whole apartment on one floor and the bathroom was impressive too
- Price: we ended up spending less than thought, at approximately €160 for two nights
- Breakfast: awful, dire to say the least. I know this is a two star hotel, but their breakfast consists of coffee and juice machines (terrible quality), croissants (individually packaged, with a consequent waste of plastic if you ask me) and a very small assortment of jams and honey. No cheeses, no hams, no cakes or anything else.
- Noise: our room was facing the main road which leads to Piazza Vittorio Emanuele and I could not sleep without ear plugs, which was a bit of a nuisance.
- Rooms: our room was not located inside the main building where the reception is, but rather in a separate building with 24h CCTV coverage and a lift which looked like it was about to fall apart. A bit weird, if not extremely impractical - especially when carrying a 15-odd kg suitcase.
- Neighbourhood: definitely not the best one in town, I would not feel safe walking around at a late time.
Overall mixed experience, I don't think I would go back.
- Also Known As:
- Taormina Hotel Rome
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Budget Places, Priceline, Otel and Olotels so you can book your Taormina Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.