Learning from previous trips to Rome, we decided to stay in the middle of the historic district. The location of Caesar House is across the street from the Roman Forum and just a few steps to the Colosseum. There are many restaurants of different ethnicities, shops and gourmet markets nearby on Via Cavour. Buses are available across the street and the Metro Subway is just two blocks away. It's a ten minute walk to the Trevi Fountain, twenty minutes to the Spanish Steps and thirty to the Vatican---no car needed. The location is sublime.
The Caesar House is a bed and breakfast inn on the second floor of a renovated eighteenth century building. It has one suite, which we were lucky to get, and a several individual rooms. We enjoyed this venue for four days and were very satisfied. The suite was about six hundred square feet ( 60 square meters) with a separate living room, bedroom, kitchen, and bathroom. All conveniences were available for cooking but we only used the refrigerator to store the excess food from breakfast which turned out to be our lunch and snacks on several occasions. The rooms had 12 foot high ceilings which made them seem very spacious. There were many windows overlooking the Forum and Via Cavour. The location is incredible for sightseers.
Every morning we were served breakfast in our room at a large table overlooking the sights. There was a large choice of food for a Continental Breakfast. We had excellent healthy cereals, fresh baked croissants, boiled eggs, juices, steamed coffee and other choices, all of which were excellent.
All personnel, especially Rosanna, were extremely helpful and responsive. All arrangements for limo service were punctual and efficient. Staying here was more like being part of a family and like living in Roman and contemporary times instead of looking in from the outside. We will stay in this same suite on our next trip to Rome. We were glad we reserved the suite. There is only one and was well worth the extra cost. It was more like our own little home with Caesar House employees more like guests that help out with the work.
- Also Known As:
- Caesar House Residenze Romane Hotel
- Caesar House Residenze Romane Hotel Rome
- Caesar Hotel Rome
- Caesar Hotel Residenze Romane
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Caesar House Residenze Romane is an elegant place to stay on the second floor of an ancient palazzo a few steps from the Roman Forum and the Colosseum. Each individually designed room is large and with very high ceiling and is provided with all comforts (air conditioning, LCD flat sky TV, free internet access, etc.). The staff is renowned to give precious assistance to guests suggesting itinerary, shops and restaurants off the beaten paths. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Venere, Priceline and Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your Caesar House Residenze Romane reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.