First time in Rome - won't be the last. 4 days - the weather was just perfect for sightseeing and shopping, not sure why many people were dressed in jumpers, jeans and bodywarmers!
I'd read the reviews on Trip Advisor and wasn't disappointed. When I booked only the ground floor economy rooms were available - I was delighted when I arrived and we'd been upgraded. The room was ok size wise. The decor (inc. darkened curtains, bedding, lighting etc) & facilities (e.g. aircon, shower, mini bar, pillow menus) were just perfect for our cosy, romantic stay. Nothing I'd need to change although tea/ coffee facilities might have been useful.
The staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful - nothing was too much trouble e.g. advice on how to get the most out of the tourism aspect, transport. Definately go for the breakfast at the hotel - only 7 euros pp (probably the cheapest you'll find but also really good choice / quality).
You'll probably find you're in the centre of Rome for lunch but I'd definately recommend coming back the area around the hotel for dinner as this was definately where we got the best food and service (city centre was average to good and you paid more - not unexpected). The hotel recommended restaurants within walking distance - my favourites were Le Fate, Alle Fratte Di Trastevere and the one next door to this (sorry didn't get name). NB the hotel doesn't provide dinner or lunch menus. Do however make sure you grab a drink (or several) on the hotel's roof terrace - it is really lovely with lovely views.
We booked treatments (reflexology and massage) at the Spa with Helene - highly recommend, especially if you are doing the tourist walks! Spa' looks' gorgeous but this must be such an under used asset of the hotel - in my opinion. It can only be used if booked privately which for only the 2 of us would be too expensive! If there were a group of you then it would be very worthwhile.
- Also Known As:
- Trilussa Palace Congress Hotel Rome
- Trilussa Palace Congress And Spa
- Trilussa Palace Congress Hotel
- Trilussa Palace Hotel
- Trilussa Palace Congress Rome
- Trilussa Palace
- Trilussa Palace Hotel Rome
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Trilussa Palace Hotel Congress & SPA is an exclusive place for who wants to spend a pleasant holiday in Rome. Thanks to its location is the ideal place for discovering the beauties of the city in comfort. The hotel offers different types of rooms to meet the different needs of its guests: who travels with family, for business, for couples and for friends. After a day of walking or working, guests can finally enjoy a relaxing atmosphere in the exclusive SPA and being pampered by massages, rose petals and hot drinks. The historical centre is easily accessible. The hotel is indeed located in Trastevere area, a few minutes walk from Santa Maria in Trastevere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Venere, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Trilussa Palace Congress & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.