Villa Torretta overlooks a small harbour and a ferry terminal. Meals are taken in the Hotel Olivedo, one minutes walk away, which is similarly old fashioned. Breakfast is fairly basic, but quite adequate. In Villa Torretta, but for the modern ferry outside and the enormous well equipped bathroom, you could be here in 1910. Modern gadgets like a TV, air conditioning, mini-bar and internet points have no place here! You are effectively in the home of a well to do Italian family with elegant stairways with statues in alcoves, a lounge with stuffed animals and a morning room with elegant furniture. When we entered our rooms there was a small entrance hallway with the bedroom on one side and bathroom on the other. Our bed room was large, simply furnished and with a large balcony where you could sit out and look at the lake and mountains; everything was very clean. The ferry terminal was not a nuisance in terms of noise. The hotel is about 12 minutes walk from the station. The main town of Varenna is about 10 minutes walk away around a delightful coastal pathway. The hotel is best suited for those looking for atmosphere or romance. The staff were polite and helpful.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Torretta Hotel Varenna
- Villa Torretta Hotel
- Villa Torretta Varenna, Lake Como, Italy
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Little lovely villa, 19th-century, on the edge of lake. All 6 rooms en-suite with great lake view. Lovely little garden with table and chairs to enjoy the view of the lake. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your villa torretta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.