The hotel was nice for Venice, but the staff was super friendly and helpful. At check-in we were upgraded to an en-suite room. The room was much bigger than the one we had in Paris, but it was still rather small. The location was terrific as it was out of the way from the more touristy locations, but still close enough to walk. It is nearby the San Angelo water taxi stop from the airport (linea arancio) and just a short walk from San Marco Square. The bathroom appeared as if it had just been remodeled and had a spa feel.
The only two downsides that we experienced were a dying cat outside our window and bedbugs. Since there is not any air conditioning, we left the window open and were woken up at 06:00 by a cat that sounded like it was being murdered.The bedbugs were surprising because the room appeared to be very clean, but I woke up the next morning with little red spots all over my arms, legs, and face.
We did the gondola ride with the the hotel gondoliera, Alex. It was nice, but a bit overpriced at 90 euros for the afternoon ride. It included a 1 hour gondola ride around the city and a bottle of champagne. It is definitely unique to pop some champagne on a private gondola ride and you will get your picture taken many times by tourists, but I would probably recommend another ride for cheaper if you just want to experience a gondola ride. Alex did not talk the entire ride, while we saw and heard other gondoliers sing and act as a tour guide pointing out interesting parts of the city.
- Also Known As:
- Albergo San Samuele Hotel Venice
- Albergo San Samuele Hotel
- San Samuele Venice
- San Samuele Hotel Venice
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Albergo San Samuele is located in the heart of Venice, near the Rialto bridge and the Accademia and very close to the Palazzo Grassi. It is just five minutes walking from St. Mark's Square, in a quiet central position. Hotel San Samuele provides a friendly atmosphere with pleasant simple clean budget rooms many of which are sunny, with fans in summer. The rooms are quiet and overlook a typical street or an inside small court. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Budget Places so you can book your Albergo San Samuele reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.