We arrived by ACTIV water bus to Giudecca (Zitelle stop line 4.1) looking for the hotel. The only hint of its existence is a very small plaque on the wall proclaiming it A Small Leading Hotel of the World. The facade is old and completely blends in with the rest of the surrounding neighborhood. As the porter beckons us to enter we are transported to a different place and time. Luxury, serenity and beauty surrounds you. Everything is the real article: from the rough hewn tables to the couches and old world classic breakfast room with its murals. The included breakfast was all encompassing and the only reason to order a la carte is to use up the leftover euros from the previous night's cigar lighting. Save a few canned fruits and some marginal pastries, the food was tasty and well presented.
We had reserved a garden suite but were upgraded to a canal view room on the top(2nd) floor. Venice at our feet! Earlier in the week we had stayed in a small hotel (read B and B) in sestiere San Polo and felt overrun with the throngs of humanity. Giudecca is the perfect base from which to explore Venice without having the suffocating masses all around you. The hotel has their own free shuttle twice hourly from 10 am to midnight.
The room itself was a comfortably sized chamber with a separate shower and bathtub. Bidet included of course! Toiletries were of high quality as would be expected from a hotel of this caliber. A bottle of prosecco and Venetian cookies added a nice touch to the gracious welcome. Though our room was not ready (we had arrived at 9:30am) they held our luggage and offered us breakfast. A small hiccup: they told us it would be ready by 1pm but was not until 3p, the official check in time. Restaurant reservations were handled graciously by the front desk.
The hotel left us with a very special feeling of privacy and luxury. We could hardly take the bus as we left for the airport: we splurged for a water taxi at (gulp) €110!
- Also Known As:
- Bauer Palladio Hotel Venice
- Bauer Palladio Hotel And Spa
- Bauer Palladio Hotel
- Bauer Palladio Venice
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Palladio Hotel & SPA is an amazing building designed in the 16th century by the world-renowned Renaissance architect Andrea Palladio. The property is a rare jewel in Venice, with its 58 elegant guest rooms and 21 spacious Suites and Junior Suites, a private garden and breathtaking lagoon views. It is located on the Giudecca Island just across the basin from the word-famous sister properties Bauer Hotel and Bauer Il Palazzo. BAUER.Palladio Hotel & Spa has a warm and welcoming decor with a soft color palette of pastels. Each of its spacious rooms is beautifully detailed with the finest paint decoration and tapestries, while still maintaining its original identity. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Tablet Hotels, Asiatravel.com Holdings, HotelTravel.com, Otel, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Bauer Palladio Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.