To start off I just want to say, this was a really nice B&B well decorated, I thought Monica (the host if you will) was lovely, the location (on the quieter side of town) was for us perfect, and all of these things are clear from the website, so anyone who didn't like this, I don't know what they were looking at.
However there are a couple of reasons why I haven't given this the full 5, not problems, but things to be aware of.
1. We had the room as a twin (for my mum and I) the beds were seperated but were very small (not full size single beds) which can be Ok, but not if you very tall or a tad overweight (i won't say which of us was)
2. Breakfast in the room. The breakfast was good in my opinions, range of rolls, cold meats, cereals yogurt etc. However, I don't think it is luxurious to have breakfast in my room, I think it is messy.
3. No English TV channels, what's that I hear you say? you don't go on holiday to watch TV, no this is true, but if you're the kind of person (like my mum) who needs a rest in the afternoon particulary after a hard days site seeing it wouldn't hurt to have even BBC worldwide, particularly if you have (which they seemed to have) quite a few english guests.
4. Location. Not geographically, but it's sort of on a side street round the back of a restaurant and the cab driver couldn't find it, and monica was out and we had to pick up keys from the restaurant etc etc, which again not a problem, but if you want a 24 hour manned reception not for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Staying at the Residenza San Faustino is like living in the warmth and comfort of your own home. Situated in the historical centre of Verona in the shadow of the old remains of the Roman Theatre and the Ponte Pietra, Residenza San Faustino is the ideal place for a romantic getaway in the City of Lovers. The balcony of Juliet, Piazza Erbe and the Arena, the famous amphitheatre known all over the World for its opera, are all close by. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Residenza San Faustino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.