I am truly astonished at the Professional photographs. I can hardly believe that it is the same hotel/ B&B. We had what we thought was two of the four rooms available neither of which were shown in the hotel photos. As previous reviews no sign of a terrace, we did glimpse an area up the stairs from the reception area which might have been used as a restaurant but were not allowed up there.
To begin, we only ended up at the De Curtis in an emergency because our beautiful rooms at the No 2 Hotel Una Palace had been cancelled by an unscrupulous website having taken our money. So you can imagine the shock when the taxi rocked up outside this establishment, we remained fixed to the seats in the taxi in disbelief until the driver was forced to get out and point to the door bell with the name De Curtis on it. Down to a very few choices of rooms available in town we were committed to at least one night. Teeth gritted we entered the courtyard and climbed steps past the death defying hole in the wall without any railings to stop you falling through. The reception was manned by a friendly guy, who spoke no English at all, we managed to convey we would like to see the rooms before parting with the cash only option. Not great, very small but at least were clean. Rooms were relatively comfortable, but the sheets and pillowcases were an unattractive shade of grey and seriously wished I had not looked at the pillow under the pillowcase. Slept the rest of the night with my t-shirt over the top to minimise contact with the bedding.
Breakfast was plentiful but very uninspiring, coffee cold and all presented on a tray to be consumed in your room, only one chair so one of us had to perch. But not for very long as we bid a hasty retreat and checked out before nine!
When all's said and done, we slept ok and was better than the other option of a park bench.
- Also Known As:
- De Curtis Palace Hotel Catania
- De Curtis Palace Hotel
- De Curtis Hotel
- De Curtis Catania
- De Curtis Palace Catania, Sicily
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- De Curtis Palace is 500 metres from Massimo Bellini Theatre and 10 minutes’ walk from Catania Cathedral. It offers colourful rooms with flat-screen TV and a shower with hydro-massage and sauna.Rooms combine modern and pop-style décor. They are air conditioned and offer free wired internet. Guests can also relax on the common terrace and enjoy a breakfast buffet every morning.Catania Train Station and the main bus terminus are less than a 10-minute walk from Curtis Palace. The harbour is 800 metres away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, HostelBookers, Budget Places, Travelocity, Olotels, Priceline, Prestigia, Hotels.com, Fareportal and Tingo so you can book your De Curtis Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.