This hotel is in a great location located on the street with all the high end shops. We stayed here recently (July 6-10) and enjoyed an overall pleasant stay. The hotel staff, from the Concierges to the restaurant staff were all very pleasant, helpful and attentive. Our room was quite spacious but was located in the back of the hotel so the view was not so great. From one of our windows, we could see a part of the roof top terrace. The bathroom was nicely done but rather small, especially the shower, which was smaller than a phone book. The shower door also leaked water onto the floor, forming a puddle which I would mop up each day.
This hotel is in a superb location. It is close to all the major and most popular attractions, as well as on the street of the shops. Looking at the front of the hotel there is Tiffany and Co on the right and Burberry on the left!! Rolex, Prada, Gucci are on the same side of the street just a few doors down! We took a private walking tour of Florence and our guide met us at the hotel. We were able to walk everywhere from the hotel on this tour, including the Duomo, Baptistry, Piazza della Repubblica, Galleria dell Accademia, where Michelangelo's David is located and other sites of noted interested by the guide. Within walking distance is also the Piazza della Signoria, Ponte Vecchio, Galleria degli Uffizi, Piazza Santa Croce and the Santa Croce church, where the tombs of Michelangelo, Galileo and Machiavelli are all located.
Breakfast was a nice spread with a variety of food to please anyone. Options are available to eat inside or out on the roof terrace. The first morning we chose the terrace, but the bugs and pigeons were a problem so the other 3 mornings we ate inside.
The only negative is that they are doing major roadwork on the Via Tornabuoni. When we first arrived the area in front of the hotel was pretty much blocked off. It was a disappointment when our taxi pulled up to the front and we saw all the construction. The hotel is not far from the train station but we chose to take the taxi to and from the station.
All in all, a pleasant stay and I would recommend this hotel if you are considering a visit to Florence.
- Also Known As:
- Beacci Tornabuoni Hotel Florence
- Beacci Tornabuoni Florence
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bechi Family is happy to welcome you to the site of the Hotel Tornabuoni Beacci to discover this charming hotel which is located in two Renaissance palaces, the Palazzo Minerbetti and the Palazzo Strozzi del Poeta, on one of Florence’s most elegant shopping streets and close to the monuments which have made this city famous the world over. The Hotel Tornabuoni Beacci with its heirloom furnishings, refined elegance and modern comforts is a charming and enchanting location on Florence’s most elegant shopping street, the Via de’ Tornabuoni. The hotel consists of two Renaissance palaces, the Palazzo Minerbetti and the Palazzo Strozzi del Poeta, two unique buildings in the heart of Florence’s artistic and historical centre, close to the Ponte Vecchio bridge, the Uffizi Art Gallery and the Basilica di Santa Maria del Fiore with Brunelleschi’s famous dome and Giotto’s belfry. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Amex, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Otel, Priceline, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Tornabuoni Beacci reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.