My wife and I ended a two-week vacation in Italy with two nights at La Romea, and what a pleasant way to go out. Giulio and Gaia are wonderful hosts, friendly and congenial, and their B&B is comfortable and welcoming. Our large room was well-furnished, bright and cheerful - Camera Gialla, the yellow room (each room has a color theme). We slept well and woke refreshed, to a delicious breakfast including local meats, cheeses and breads. And great Italian coffee. Gaia offered eggs as well, but I was too full to partake. The B&B is in a medieval building, off the street level, quiet and sunny with lots of windows. Very open.
All the rooms adjoin a common room, which serves as the breakfast room, but also as a pleasant living room with maps, guidebooks and art books for reference and browsing. Our hosts were generous with good advice on things to do and good restaurants to eat at. We followed their recommendations and did not go wrong.
The inn is tucked away on a side street and was a little hard to find. We walked in from the train station; cars can't negotiate essentially pedestrian Lucca. Our directions were good, but medieval alleys can be confusing with the best directions. We found our way there, and once thre we found our way around Lucca and back with no problems at all. Pay careful attention to their directions on how to get there, and you'll be fine.
Showers have a smooth river rock floor. My tender feet wished I had some shower slippers. That's about the only thing I can think of that's negative in the least.
If we go back to Italy - and we both hope we do - Lucca, and La Romea, will very much be on our list.
- Also Known As:
- Bed And Breakfast La Romea
- Bed & Breakfast La Romea Hotel
- Bed & Breakfast La Romea Hotel Lucca
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bed and Breakfast La Romea is a typical exemple of historic residence, located on the first floor of a late XIVth century palace in Via Sant'Andrea, a short walk fron the Guinigi Tower. Guests will be welcome in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere at the hart of the medieval town. The spacious living room gives room for your private meetings and a wonderful breakfast. We can organize Baby sitting as well as Dog sitting, please ask the reception. We can organize for transportation to and from the two major airports of Pisa and Firenze. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Bed & Breakfast La Romea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.