Geneva is not a cheap city. Hotels in particular are outrageously expensive. Le Richemond is a 5 star hotel but on a more reasonable price spectrum. I stayed on the first floor facing the park. The room was clean with all the amenities one would expect from a 5 star hotel and an excellent bathroom. I was told that the aging hotel was recently renovated and it shows. The receptionist was very polite and also showed me to my room, a french-vietnamese very pretty lady indeed. Breakfast is a delight with the option of seating in the narrow balcony facing the little park not far from the lake, as the city gets busy.
The hotel itself is conveniently located near the railway station of Geneva but also within walking distance of the exquisite Rue du Rhone and the shopping district of the opposite side of the lake.
- Also Known As:
- Le Richemond, Geneva Dorchester Collection Hotel
- Le Richemond, Geneva Dorchester Collection Hotel Geneva
- Le Richemond Geneva
- Le Richemond Hotel Geneva
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Richemond has a fascinating history and has hosted many distinguished guests since it opened in 1875 as Geneva’s palace and to this day this glamorous, five-star establishment welcomes guests ‘in-the-know’. Le Richemond personifies the refined sophistication of modern, contemporary luxury and provides guests with unrivaled comfort and panoramic views of Lake Geneva, Jet d’Eau, Mont Blanc, Saleve mountains and Old Town. The hotel is within walking distance to the centre of the financial district and key shopping areas such as Rue du Rhône and Rive in addition to the Patek Phillipe watch museum, art museums and all key central landmarks of Geneva. Each room and suite is individually decorated and many feature antiques and contemporary artworks, creating an elegant and fashionable air. Le Jardin offers modern and innovative Italian cuisine while Le Bar is the place to meet for creative cocktail concoctions and is the place to enjoy live entertainment from Tuesday to Saturday. Le Spa offers an urban day spa retreat and state-of-the-art TechnoGym fitness centre offers a discreet sanctuary within this vibrant city. Le Richemond joined the prestigious Dorchester Collection as of 1 August 2011 and looks forward to welcoming our guests to the legendary palace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Otel, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Tingo so you can book your Le Richemond, Geneva Dorchester Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.