When I visitied this hotel I was again surprised how bad the price performance ratio of hotels in Switzerland are.
But even taken into account that "normal" hotels in Switzerland do not have the "normal standard" compared to other countries this hotel is still not good.
I cannot understand why some peoople gave four or five stars. One reason I often saw was "great location". Well, yes it is in Lugano. But not directly at the lake and also not directly in the center of Lugano. So, why is it a great location? Don´t know.
The rooms are old, the whole hotel is old. The breakfast is terrible - even compared to a typical Italian like breakfast. No fresh fruits, just cheap Mortadella and chease, toasts. Maybe it was because of off seaon but actually this can´t be an excuse for a Holiday Inn hotel.
This is certainly not a four star hotel.
I saw a previous reviewer has written:
Be warned, this is an overpriced, shabby hotel that the Holiday Inn should strip of their franchise, it does nothing but give the chain a bad name and terrible image.
I fully agree, and unfortunately, I made the experience that Holiday Inn has got some of these hotels.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Lugano Centre Hotel
- Holiday Inn Lugano Centre Hotel Lugano
- Holiday Inn Lugano
- Lugano Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Lugano Centre welcomes you to Ticino!The hotel is located in the residential area of Lugano Paradiso, a few steps from the lake shore and the city centre. Its proximity to the highway exit Lugano South (only 200 m.), Agno Airport and the Exhibition ground is an unquestionable plus.Situated just behind the hotel, the funicular of San Salvatore climbs upward to the summit allowing wonderful views over the landscape. A typical train slogs up Monte Generoso which is an ideal starting point for excursions at altitude. Monte Lema is perfect for skiers and Monte Tamaro houses an Adventure Park for reckless sportsmen.The neighbourhoods offer plenty of chances for amusement, such as the three Casinos of Lugano, Campione d Italia and Mendrisio, attached to the shopping centre Fox Town housing several outlets with over 250 famed brands (Adidas, Armani, Dior, Gucci, Nike...). Shopping buffs can satisfy their cravings strolling around Via Nassa.The Holiday Inn Lugano Centre has 92 standard and superior rooms, provided with air conditioning, Pay TV and ADSL Internet access. Guests can make the most of a gym, an indoor and an outdoor swimming pool on the panoramic terrace, a sauna and a solarium, as well as the Nelson Restaurant and the Admiral Bar. A well-equipped meeting room can accommodate up to 50 delegates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Otel, HotelsClick and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Lugano Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.