A familiar name I usually trust for good service at a reasonable price.I stayed there last week but sadly under refurbishment,the rooms were clean and tidy however the carpets in the corridors were worn out.As a member of their Priority Club my room was upgraded on check in,I stayed for one night and was disappointed to find the attached bar and restaurant closed down by 8pm and the surrounding areas deserted and lifeless.The night manager told me to try the lakefront but few places were open other than Pizza,pizza and more pizza.I waited till breakfast and although plentiful self service, tea and coffee was served by a gentlemen who had zero interest in what he was doing and could not utter a single word or even smile.Sadly disappointing I think for the time of year, the poor service overall and the cost for a room I would not return.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Lugano Centre Hotel
- Holiday Inn Lugano Centre Hotel Lugano
- Holiday Inn Lugano
- Lugano Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Lugano Centre welcomes you to Ticino!The hotel is located in the residential area of Lugano Paradiso, a few steps from the lake shore and the city centre. Its proximity to the highway exit Lugano South (only 200 m.), Agno Airport and the Exhibition ground is an unquestionable plus.Situated just behind the hotel, the funicular of San Salvatore climbs upward to the summit allowing wonderful views over the landscape. A typical train slogs up Monte Generoso which is an ideal starting point for excursions at altitude. Monte Lema is perfect for skiers and Monte Tamaro houses an Adventure Park for reckless sportsmen.The neighbourhoods offer plenty of chances for amusement, such as the three Casinos of Lugano, Campione d Italia and Mendrisio, attached to the shopping centre Fox Town housing several outlets with over 250 famed brands (Adidas, Armani, Dior, Gucci, Nike...). Shopping buffs can satisfy their cravings strolling around Via Nassa.The Holiday Inn Lugano Centre has 92 standard and superior rooms, provided with air conditioning, Pay TV and ADSL Internet access. Guests can make the most of a gym, an indoor and an outdoor swimming pool on the panoramic terrace, a sauna and a solarium, as well as the Nelson Restaurant and the Admiral Bar. A well-equipped meeting room can accommodate up to 50 delegates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Otel and HotelsClick so you can book your Holiday Inn Lugano Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.