I should start off by saying that Ijmuiden is a town of contrasts; it has fine sandy beaches, wonderful rolling dunes and a great marina. But is also an industrial town, and in the background is the smoke and steam from heavy industry across the river.
Saying that, it did not spoil my stay, and the beach, just a short walk away from the hotel, is very family friendly, with bars and eateries and many beach huts up against the dunes. The beach is wide and sandly ideal for sand yachting or whatever the kite flying version is called. It can be windy, and was when I wa there in May, and the sand whistles along with the wind making it at best a bracing place to visit.
Beside the hotel there are more bars and eateries, which gives a wide choice of places to eat and drink, not just the hotel. But, as I found out, these can be closed during the week and I was left with the choice of the hotel or the Chinese next door.
My room was very clean, and very spacious; waiting for me was a selection of fine chocolates which I resisited until my second night, and were delicious. There were tea and coffee making facilities and multi-channel TV including BBC 1 for the Brits.
I ate in the hotel restaurant, and found the food excellent. I did not have Jell A's experience at all. And breakfast there was a fine selection to eat in the usual 'continental' syle, with a wide choice of breads, meats, cheeses, preserves and a hot selection too. I was easrly, but there seemed to be enough staff to clean tables.
I have stayed in much worce places for sure, and I would recommend this hotel for families, couples or like me, a business traveller.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Ijmuiden Seaport Beach Hotel Ijmuiden
- Holiday Inn Ijmuiden Seaport Beach Hotel
- Holiday Inn Ijmuiden
- Ijmuiden Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn IJmuiden Seaport Beach hotel is very well located directly at the beach and just 25 minutes from Amsterdam. At just 150 meters from the beach, the hotel offers a panoramical view overlooking the North Sea and the largest channel-locks of Europe. The hotel is a perfect alternative for Amsterdam hotels for both leisure and business trips. We offer 146 modern equipped rooms, including 28 Business Rooms, 100 Superior Rooms, 16 Suites (including 8 Family Suites) and 2 Superior Suites (smoking & non-smoking). Both Superior Suites are equipped with an atmospheric lighted marble whirlpool besides the bathroom, as well as an open fire in the living. Because of the splendid location between the dunes, a full service Marina and the National Park Kennemerduinen , a breathtaking view from all rooms is guaranteed. For all your business and private events the hotel offers 13 multifunctional Conference & Event rooms, fully equipped with modern facilities. Organizing your banquets, meetings, conferences and parties is what we do best. Apart from our internal leisure facilities such as Finnish Sauna, Turkish Steam bath and Fitness Center, we offer our guests relaxation in a variety of ways. Transfer using the Fast Flying Ferry from Amsterdam City Centre will take 25 minutes. Schiphol Airport is only 20 km away and also the cities of Haarlem and Alkmaar are nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, IHG, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Ijmuiden Seaport Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.