On the outside the hotel doesn't look like much, but you will be quite surprised if you see it on the inside. It is modern, but not to sleek and cold. The lobby area looks quite new and the rooms have had a soft refurbishment last year. After we unpacked we noticed that the heating-system was not functioning properly. Since they are unable to resolve issues like this during weekends they advised us to change rooms. We even got a free upgrade due to the inconvenience!
The breakfast is arranged in a buffet style layout with a nice selection of food. The host was very friendly, so we really felt at ease even though it was rather busy.
Anna, the hotel's bar/restaurant has a limited choice of food and the quality is not that great. And for the price you pay, I'm guessing that you should be able to find better alternatives in the neighbourhood.
There is concierge-desk, but the people at reception are eager to help you out with basically anything. Not only did the receptionist give us information about Antwerp, but he also gave us a lot of tips for our trip to Bali next month. Apparently he went there last August for the same reason as we are going there now: SURFING. Now we know what to pack and have a list of 'secret', less crowded surf-spots.
Just before we checked-out we went for a quick swim in the pool (the water was rather chilly). But after that, you can always make use of the sauna or steam-room.
If it wasn't for Christel in the breakfast room and Jens at reception, I would have given this hotel a 3/5, but these 2 people deserve an extra star!
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Antwerpen Hotel
- Crowne Plaza Antwerpen Hotel Antwerp
- Antwerp Crowne Plaza
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Check into the modern Crowne Plaza Antwerpen hotel for easy access to Brussels Airport and central Antwerp.In a leafy residential area known as the Green Heart of Antwerp, Crowne Plaza Antwerpen is surrounded by parks and green zones. This welcoming high-rise hotel affords city or park views from all its stylish rooms, and you can log on to complimentary wireless Internet anywhere in the hotel.Brussels Airport is 30 minutes by airport shuttle bus, which stops directly outside Crowne Plaza Antwerpen. You can hop on local buses to reach Antwerp's historic centre in 10 minutes. We're seconds from Antwerp's Ring Road, with easy access to the rest of Belgium, and halfway between Holland and France. Leave your vehicle in our ample car park.The Crowne Meetings Team can arrange successful conferences for up to 500 theatre-style in one of our 14 meeting rooms. All rooms have complimentary WiFi (60 MB per 24hrs), while those on the 16th floor offer spectacular city views, sure to impress clients. Enjoy complimentary access to Octopus, the pool & wellness centre of Crowne Plaza Antwerpen.Mingle with locals over a business lunch or family dinner at the relaxing Anna Living and Bar. From the sumptuous breakfast buffet to a sandwich between meetings, a Belgian beer after sightseeing or a succulent steak for dinner, you'll find an enticing menu throughout the day at Crowne Plaza Antwerpen. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Expedia and Otel so you can book your Crowne Plaza Antwerpen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.