This property was a complete disaster - from the check in process to the lack of 24 hour support (as advertised). Here's some of the problems we encountered during our stay
1. The place was filthy. From dirt on the walls, to large stains on all the rugs, to gigantic rips and stains on the furniture, the property was in need of a major overhaul. Dirty dishes were found in the dishwasher, the washer detergent cup was filled to the top with used, caked-on powder detergent (from a former guest), to closets that contained previous guest hangers and items, to bedrooms doors that wouldn't close.
2. Misleading 24 hour support. The apartment phone rang to the Thon Hotel two blocks away.The hotel attendants did not know anything about the property and were not able to help. Instead they had to "page" workers who supported the Residence and those workers were not available any time we called for help, even though posted in the elevators and in the front entry way were "24 hour support" signs.
3. Missing amenities. The apartment did not come with the amenities as promised. Prior to our stay, I called booking.com, to question what we needed to bring with us (e.g. shampoo, dish detergent, etc.) They called directly to Brussels and we were told we needed to bring our own toiletries (shampoo and soap), but that laundry detergent, dish washing detergent, toilet paper, tissues would be provided. In fact, nothing was provided, not even a hair dryer. Additionally there was a 3-ring binder in the residence which advertised restaurants, appliance instructions, urgent phone #'s, etc. It was completely out of date. For example, restaurants no longer existed, and instructions for the washer/dryer were not for the model in our apartment. We purchased coffee and filters, but the coffee machine didn't work.
4. Non working garage. The garage door was broken the 2 times we needed to get in. We had to walk back to the Thon Hotel, have them page the person on duty, and wait for him to come and let us in. Not fun at 10pm at night.
5. Incorrect star rating. Property is advertised as 4 stars, but this should be a 2 star property based on the thin towels, lumpy/sagging beds, old sheets, bathroom/kitchen from the 80s, etc. In fact the only thing that gives it the stars is that the apartment is enormous.
I spoke with the manager, Beji, after our first evening, (had to change our morning plans to wait for him to arrive in the morning) and he made good on providing a well-deserved discount. Unfortunately if we wanted to stay in a property of this low caliber, we would have booked one. This property should never have been saleable in the first place and finding out after the fact that this apartment was the last room in line for renovations was not comforting. Overall, the pictures on their website are inaccurate and misleading. 1 star provided for location - in a beautiful upscale shopping area close to public transport.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC