Just after returning from a 9 night stay at Monica Isabel.
We stayed B&B and had a self catering apartment.
We were very unsure of what to expect after reading the reviews here but we were pleased. Yes there are some negatives which i'll get to but there are also some positives :)
1st Negative - At check in the staff at reception were extremely rude, and this did not change throughout our stay. I honestly dont think they give a damn about their work, they are far from polite and are in no way customer friendly. We were not told where anything was in the hotel so you basically had to find out for yourself!
2nd Negative - Breakfast was a disgrace! Boiled mushrooms.. Beans in water..Hotdogs as suasages?!! Eggs were a hit & miss as they looked still raw (thats when you were lucky to have someone there to cook them).. Orange juice is a watered down fizzy drink.. Coffee like tar.. I could go on but no point as you get the idea..
1st positive - Excellent location - Right on the beach! The hotel is at the end of a hill so be prepared for steps to & from the beach and a small hill no matter where you stay.
2nd positive - You are within walking distance of the Old & New town. Old town is about a 15-20 min stroll along the beach which is just delightful & new town 30min walk.
3rd positive - As we were self catering we went food shopping and were quiet happy to make our own sandwiches and drinks etc instead of eating out.
The s/c apartments are dated but they seemed to be doing some maintenance while we were there. They are basic but you have exactly what you need.
We really enjoyed our stay here but if we had of stayed in the main hotel i can't see this being the case as there were an awful lot of unhappy all inclusive guests staying.
You can rent 2 sunbeds & a parasol for €10.00 per day & you get a discount at the beach club bar. There is a train service that runs every 20 min (just at the top of the hill to the right) for €3.50 return each which is excellent as it runs from 9am til 4am.
All in all we would recommend this hotel but only as self catering, you dont have to deal with the rude staff, horrible food & its location is just perfect.
Don't let the awful reviews put you off. But i definitely would not recommend all inclusive as you will only end up eating & drinking elsewhere (as were a lot of people when we stayed)
Will we return - Definitely Yes
Its a shame the staff were not friendly as this hotel has the potential to be a 4* +!
Hopefuly they might learn some manners before we return! :)
- Also Known As:
- Monica Isabel Hotel
- Monica Isabel Hotel Albufeira
- Monica Isabel Aparthotel Albufeira
- Monica Isabel Aparthotel Hotel Albufeira
- Monica Isabel Beach Club Albufeira, Algarve, Portugal
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel includes Monica Isabel Beach Club 4 Stars (Aparthotel) and Monica Isabel Beach Club 3 Stars ( Tourist Apartments). It has a privileged location in Albufeira, on Albufeira beach and only 500 meters from “Avenida Sá Carneiro “a popular avenue (better known as The Strip to foreign visitors) which is filled with cafes, bars, restaurants and a wide variety of shops. The Albufeira Resort is central to traditional shopping areas, restaurants and bars from throughout the region and only 1.5 km from the Historic and Cultural Centre of Albufeira, the Mónica Isabel Beach Club offers a variety of services that allow your holiday or short week-end break to be unforgettable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Monica Isabel Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.