We came back yesterday from 10 day stay in the hotel, and in the end, for the first time, we were happy to be back.....
- The staff is very nice, Ricardo and Fatima at the reception and Manuel at the restaurant were especially nice and friendly. A great THANK YOU for their lovely welcome and smile.
- The beach near the hotel is lovely, and go to the right hand side of it, you won't find too much crowd
- The hotel is pretty new and the room was nicely furbished and big enough for 2 people
- When booking, we asked to be on the top floor if possible, and we got a room on the top floor with a big balcony. They are really doing their best so that you have everything you need
- If you are a couple with no children: STAY AWAY FROM THIS HOTEL!!!!!! Hundreds of children screaming, running around, crying..... I ended up one breakfast with coffee all over my dress because of the children running without paying attention. Parents seem to think that since they are on holiday, they deserve some rest, and you have to live with their kid's screams and moods. They run in the restaurant? Normal! Throw food, cry and misbehave? That's sooooo nice!
- Food is low quality..... Undercooked, pasta overcooked..... We really had the impression the food was as cheap as possible. No beef or red meet (only chicken or pork)... We spent our last days eating outside (lunch and dinner) and for less then 20 euros for 2 in some restaurants, you have excellent food! Even the cocktails at the bar: are prepared well in advance, kept on the bar (warm) and just served with some ice cubes... Most of them were not really good!
- The evening entertainment is clearly made for families with small children. You have music quiz and bingo games for example, but you can hardly participate because all the kids are standing in front of the stage, getting answers from their parents, and running as fast as they can to give the answers. We gave up after 2 minutes when we saw that, took the car and went far away.
Some days, evening entertainment should be for 18+, so that everyone can have fun even if you have no children.
- The cleaning staff is stressed, very nice but under pressure... The rooms are cleaned very fast and not very well. Bed are not changed - I put sand in the bed by mistake the second day and nothing was changed until the 8th day! Should have maybe mentioned it, but i assumed that in a supposedly "4 stars superior" hotel, it is something you can expect without having to ask. Cleaning the linen once during your stay is ok if you are not going to the beach
In the lift, a kid dropped a full bunch of chips on the floor: it stayed there until the next evening, without being cleaned.
I think this hotel is typically a FAMILY HOTEL, made for kids and i am sure the families have fun there because there is all you need.
But again, if you are a couple, looking for some rest, avoid this hotel, at least in July and August.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC
30 August 2013
Report response as inappropriate
Thank you for your review and comments about your experience in Vila Galé Náutico in 2012.
It is a great pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and let us express our gratitude by thanking you for sharing your positive thoughts about the friendly and efficient staff, room and general cleanliness.
Regarding the fact we have many children is true. We are a family hotel from June do August. During the rest of the months, you could really have a different experience in our hotel.
About food. We have worked for this year increasing one more main course in 2013, as also 4 themed nights (2 BBQ: One with 6 variety of meats and 2 fish and other with 6 variety of fish and two meats; Paellas evening and Algarve Cataplana and seafood). We have also added new pastas and pizzas in the buffet at lunches and a sauce station in both meals. The feedback is better this year, but we have already new goals for 2014. Hope you can see the improvements personally!
Regarding the entertainment, we have taken in consideration your review (and from other guests) by adding 3 new shows this summer, as also, changed the musicians. Despite our efforts with better feedback, we are already working to improve even more in 2014 season. But as I said. We are a family hotel during summer season.
About the cleaning of the room, definitely was a mistake and we apologise for that. Normally we do cleaning every days and change the linen as often is needed.
Your comments are an important tool and only help us to continue our constant pursuit of service improvement and continue trying to exceed expectations.
On my own behalf and on that of the Vila Galé Nautico Hotel team, we hope we have the honour of hosting you again in a near future.
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC