This is clean, comfortable no-nonsense 3-star hotel that is perfect for a mid-budget visit to Lisbon.
Price – certainly when we visited in Feb 2012 – was very reasonable.
The basics are fine. Clean room, with mini-bar, security safe (free) and satellite TV that boasted an impressive number of satellite channels. Rooms, however, are a bit on the small side, as is the bathroom. Fine if you’re out and about the town during your visit, but not ideal if you want to spend time chilling out in your hotel room.
Breakfast is reasonable cold buffet fare (though no cooked breakfasts), and the breakfast room did get a bit crowded on occasions.
Location is excellent. It’s a reasonable walking distance from the main downtown area. There’s a metro stop just around the corner, and lots of buses whizzing up and down the central Avenida. Also, taxis in Lisbon are plentiful and cheap.
A minor warning. There’s another Dom Carlos hotel nearby – where our taxi driver brought us by mistake one evening. Fortunately, it’s not too far away, but be careful when giving instructions.
Staff were very polite and helpful – though the receptionist gave us wrong information about buses to the airport, which caused a certain amount of grief on our departure. Nice looking girl, though.
- Also Known As:
- Dom Carlos Liberty Lisboa Hotel Lisbon
- Dom Carlos Liberty Lisboa Lisbon
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located, alongside Avenida da Liberdade and next to the Marques de Pombal. All rooms equipped with individual climate control, thermal and acoustic insulation, high-speed internet access, cable TV, video on demand, mini-bar, digital safe, and private bathrooms with hair dryer. Guests can also count on a fitness center, meeting room, wireless internet access free of charge in the public areas, laundry service, garage, and 24-hour luggage service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Fastbooking, Hotels.com, Travelocity, HostelBookers, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Dom Carlos Liberty Lisboa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.