Hotel was very easy to get to. I caught the Number 1 Aerobus from the airport and it got me to Avenida da Liberdade in about 20 minutes. If you do get the bus from the airport, you may want to get off at the Marquis de Pombal stop and walk down the hill to the hotel. The Avenida da Liberdade stop is some way down and then you are walking uphill although it is quite a gentle slope compared to the other hills in Lisbon! *KEEP YOUR BUS TICKET*. The aerobus ticket allows 24 hours free use of the trams, buses and funicular railways so don't throw it away!
I found the staff at the hotel very helpful and accommodating. They were able to direct me where to go and even suggested a restaurant to eat out on the first night. I was given a corner room on 7th floor which is one of their bigger rooms. I had a little difficulty with connecting the computer to the internet but a member of staff managed to get it working for me. The room was reasonably comfortable although I would have preferred a softer bed.
Breakfasts included various breads, cold meat and cheese, some fresh fruit (pineapple, diced fresh oranges, melon), coffee, tea, chocolate etc. There were some scrambled egg, sausage and bacon kept warm although I decided to avoid this latterly as I was coming down to breakfast late. I prefer cooked food to be done fresh rather than left warm on the side. I did not go hungry at breakfast so I was quite satisfied with what was available!
When I booked, I was wondering whether I should have chosen another hotel nearer to the central area. However the location was great. Right next to the Marquis de Pombal Metro entrance (nearer entrance to metro in Avenida da Liberdade tends to close at weekends and late evenings so you have to walk to the other entrance nearer to Praca Marques de Pombal. Still not so far to walk). This allowed me to get down to the downtown area quite easily and also get to Rato in Barrio Alto for the bars and restaurants. El Cortes Ingles is only 2 stops away at San Sebastiao where there is a big shopping complex including restaurants and multi-screen cinema.
- Also Known As:
- Dom Carlos Liberty Lisboa Hotel Lisbon
- Dom Carlos Liberty Lisboa Lisbon
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located, alongside Avenida da Liberdade and next to the Marques de Pombal. All rooms equipped with individual climate control, thermal and acoustic insulation, high-speed internet access, cable TV, video on demand, mini-bar, digital safe, and private bathrooms with hair dryer. Guests can also count on a fitness center, meeting room, wireless internet access free of charge in the public areas, laundry service, garage, and 24-hour luggage service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Fastbooking, Travelocity, Venere, HostelBookers, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Dom Carlos Liberty Lisboa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.