I've given an overall rating of two dots rather than one, because I think there are probably some folks who would find this hotel to be 'quaint'. The hotel has refurbished the rooms to a nice standard, but for me, there are just too many downsides:
• The rooms have no telephones
• There is no air conditioning. A fan is provided, but you'll have to unplug the TV.
• They advertise wireless internet, but I stayed there for a week and their internet never functioned. Lots of apologies.
• Breakfast is a travesty. Juice = flavored sugar water, coffee = Nescafe from a machine. Cereal and bread. No toast, no boiled eggs... nothing even close to hot. No fruit. No protein. We chose to walk down the street to a café for our morning meal.
From what I understand, the owners of the hotels are heterosexuals who are trying to sell to the gay market. Many gay men think of themselves as discriminating, and this hotel doesn't even come close. A few homoerotic paintings tossed up here and there does NOT make a hotel a "gay hotel".
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Olotels, Venere, HostelBookers, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Pouso dos Anjos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.