This Hotel was great but in a lot of cases the "design"of the place replaced the functionality,the cutlery was so well designed it was difficult to use, the wardrobe doors were so well designed that it was difficult to open them, the bath was in the middle of the bedroom with a see-through smoked glass panel so anyone sharing the room with you could see you in the bath, not only that the shower and toilet had smoked glass panels too. The floor of the shower and toilet were made of traditional Madeiran pebbled material which was horribly uncomfortable on ones feet.
On the other hand the best things about this hotel were undoubtably the fantastic helpful staff, the comprehensive well presented breakfasts and the fantastically comfortable beds.
Certainly this hotel is unique being situated on top of an up market shopping centre, however I think I would return because of the warm welcome.
- Also Known As:
- The Vine, a Divine Hotel Hotel
- The Vine, a Divine Hotel Hotel Funchal
- Vine a Divine Funchal
- The Vine, a Divine Hotel Madeira/Funchal
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A hotel with soul, just like a good wine. The Vine is sophisticated and luxurious. With a touch of simplicity and discretion, just the way you like it. A dip in the panoramic pool, a vino-therapy session in the spa or a gourmet dinner with a view over the city: these are just a few of the pleasures awaiting you at The Vine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Splendia, Priceline, Tingo and Otel so you can book your The Vine, a divine hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.