It is a while now since I visited this hotel but to be honest forgot to review it! The picking list only goes up to September 2011 and it was previous to that we stayed. It was probably one of the best hotels I have ever had the pleasure of staying in. Have a look on their own website. It is an old Colonial Mansion house. On driving up to it, after the up and down hills from the airport, it looked just ok from outside at the front but once entering I felt as if I was entering the Versace Palace! It was stunning, the furniture, the building, the rooms and the staff were ever so friendly. Our room was extremely large and overlooking the street with a small balcony. It was the largest bed I had ever seen and an equally large sitting area with small table and chairs. The bathroom had his and hers sinks, a bath and a double shower, it was amazing. The view though I wasnt too bothered about so I asked if I could change for an ocean view - even though the view was spectacular the rooms were very small indeed compared to the one we had, so I decided to stay where we were. Everything is run by remote control. The meals were delicious. We had a few evening meals in the hotel where they were served on silver platters and the breakfast each morning was plentiful. The piano bar was a lovely little place where you could have cocktails and the terrace was marvellous with a wonderful view over the bay, watching all the cruise ships coming in was a treat. It was a canny walk down in to the old town but well worth it as the restaurants down there were plentiful and the food was delicious, to be honest we loved the old town better. Lots to do in funchal eg., the trip up to the gardens in a cable car, the fort (which houses its own restaurant) a lovely risotto restaurant, the town itself is unique with all mosaics all over with plenty of cafe bar culture going on and the market was amazing. The fish market was enormous and the inside of the flower market, to include other goods like bags, was fantastic, All in all I could not fault this holiday and would certainly go back and recommend this to anyone.
- Also Known As:
- Quinta Bela Sao Tiago Hotel Funchal
- Quinta Bela Sao Tiago Funchal
- Quinta Bela Sao Tiago Hotel
- Hotel Quinta Bela Sao Tiago Madeira/Funchal
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The charming 4-star hotel Quinta Bela São Tiago was originally a traditional Madeiran Manor House built in 1834. The manor house and its extensive gardens have been carefully restored to create a paradise right in the heart of this lovely old district.The Quinta Bela São Tiago offers a welcoming and relaxing atmosphere in a unique location in Madeira! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Olotels and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Quinta Bela Sao Tiago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.