We read the reviews, and chose this place based on the comments about friendly hospitality. Our only regret is that we did not stay here for longer, and get to know Evita, Anna, and Andreas better. They all go the extra mile to make sure you are comfortable. These are genuinely friendly people who welcome you immediately, and also give you your space to get settled. For two nights, we enjoyed the dinners they cooked for us from what looked like a bar, but was actually a well-appointed kitchen. Andreas concocted the best Nutella cocktail we've ever had, plus a few other shots of something yummy that he kept a mystery. We loved the beautiful garden filled with roses, tropical plants, and even a Moushmoula (loquat) tree. Evita told us to pick as much fruit as we wanted, and it was delicious. The atmosphere they've created here is among the most friendly we've seen, and all the other guests we met were great company.
The studio was clean, very spacious, and had everything we needed, including an excellent WIFI connection. It's a good 20-30 minute walk into the town center, but on the way back, we took a taxi, and it was very reasonable. (6 euros) Evita went out of her way to arrange a rental car for us on a Sunday, our last day, so we could check out, drive to Elafonisi beach, and drop the car off right next to the ferry in Souda. It couldn't have been more convenient.
If you need to stay right on the beach, or in the Chania old town center, than this place isn't for you. However, if you value interactions with Greeks and other friendly travelers above those things, then book here for as many days as you can.
- Also Known As:
- Lefka Apartments Hotel Chania Town
- Lefka Apartments Hotel
- Lefka Apartments Chania
- Lefka Apartments Hotel Chania
- Lefka Apartments Crete/Chania
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday studios and apartments, with large swimming pool, located in Chania, Crete, within 2 1/2 kms of the city centre and only 5 minutes from a sandy beach. Accommodation at Lefka apartments consists of 8 studios and 8 one bedroom apartments, with large swimming pool, beautiful garden and private parking space. The studios and apartments are spacious and comfortable. All have air conditioning, bathroom with shower and WC, large balcony overlooking the pool or garden, wireless Internet, TV, phone, safe deposit box, hairdryer, and equipped kitchenette with refrigerator, 2-ring cooker hob, microwave, coffee machine, toaster and utensils. Daily maid services and change of linen and towels every 3 days are included. Lefka apartments are open from May to October. ... more less