The Blue Palace Hotel is a great place for a Greek holiday. My highlights are the private beach, crystal clear sea, the wonderful Blue Door beach taverna and it's staff, the standard of accomodation and the spacious landscaped grounds.
Our accomodation was wonderful, we stayed in a suite with private pool, the best bathroom I have ever had in a hotel room. The linen was of a high quality, the room was spotless and always cleaned to an extremely high level. If you have the budget please go for the high end rooms, treat yourself.
The private beach always had free sun loungers, the cafe staff were constantly on hand to bring coffees etc to you. The beach is pebble and walkways are all boardwalk style. The sea was clean, crystal clear and warmer than I remember from other islands.
The Blue Door taverna was a must, excellent lunchtime fayre. Greek food at it's best and the staff were great.
We didn't eat in any of the other restaurants except for one poor meal at Isola. We preferred to eat out in Plaka, Elounda and Agios Nikolias. Where we found great food and wonderful locations. However for some guests we spoke with especially with families they had great meals at the many hotel eateries and they appreciated the ease of not having to leave the hotel. We preferred to leave the hotel in the evening and get a feel for this wonderful part of the world.
I highly recommend taking the hotel speed boat over to Spinalonga the old Venician fortress and ex Leper colony. It may sound corny but read Elizabeth Hislop's The Island whilst here. It is set in the local village Plaka and The leper colony. The book is a bit Mills and Boon but being in the setting makes it special.
Overall the location, hotel and beauty of Greece makes this a perfect location for a holiday in the sunshine.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Palace Resort And Spa
- Blue Palace Hotel Elounda
- Blue Palace Resort
- Blue Palace Resort Spa
- Blue Palace Hotel
- Blue Palace Resort & Spa
- Blue Palace
- Blue Palace, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Elounda, Crete
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Blue Palace, Resort and Spa is a place of rediscovery. A member of the Condé Nast Traveler Gold List 2013, this luxury resort with exceptional charm, architecture and style, is the perfect hideaway to experience island luxury accommodations, authentic cuisine and the breathtaking beauty of a Greek island. Crete is a magical place. Spend a day exploring old villages, wineries and the ancient Palace of Knossos or simply unwind with cocktails under the enchanting arches of the Arsenali Lounge Bar. Get on board the traditional wooden boat “Meraki” which will take you around the coast of Elounda, followed by a BBQ on the remote island of Agios Fokas. Explore the island of Spinalonga with its Venetian, Turkish and Arabic monuments just across from the resort and finish your day with an authentic Greek dinner at Blue Door, the tavern right at water’s edge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Splendia, Travelocity, Tablet Hotels, Priceline, Escapio, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Blue Palace, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.