Having decided to pay an extra 20 euros per night for the larger bed, we were pleasantly surprised to be informed we were staying in an executive room. Situated on the third floor the room was spacious, very clean and with a large bathroom. Water and chocolate are complimentary from the mini bar. The bed was very comfortable with a choice of pillows. Whilst we did not dine in the hotel at all, all in all this is definitely better than other Holiday Inns I have stayed at.
Very well located at the side of the train station, I can confirm the other review comments that you can't hear the trains. However, if you are located at the front of the hotel you can definitely hear the buses which leave the bus station and circle around past the front of the hotel. Not seriously noisy but not as quiet as some reviewers have stated.
If you are visiting Helsiniki for the first time, you have probably read that the city is expensive; I can confirm this to be true. Two beers and a glass of wine averaged 20 - 23 euros in the centre which makes even London look cheap. Food was more comparable with London prices.
Helsinki itself has a very pleasant and relaxed feel to it. Much quieter than most cities and certainly easy to unwind there. You will enjoy but take plenty of money!
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Helsinki City Centre Hotel Helsinki
- Holiday Inn Helsinki City Centre Hotel
- Holiday Inn Helsinki
- Helsinki Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay at the Holiday Inn Helsinki City Centre hotel and you will find yourself in the middle of all the business, excitement and entertainment of Helsinki City. This modern hotel lies in the heart of Helsinki next to the main Railway Station joining modern and historical architecture together conveniently. Holiday Inn offers perfect facilities for business and leisure travellers. The hotel offers comfortable rooms. Staying with us you will be able to enjoy the good quality and core services of Holiday Inn. The hotel contains state-of-the-art rooms including comfortable amenities, high-speed internet access, Business Center and WIFI wireless internet hot-spot. For relaxing there is a Finnish Sauna and Minigym. For wining and dining you can choose Restaurant Verde. Stepping outside of the hotel, there is a large selection of sights, shops, restaurants, museums and places of interest just in the neighbourhood. Stockmann department store, Market Square, Helsinki Music Centre, Finlandia Hall, Kiasma and Ateneum Art Museum just to name a few. If you are planning to visit other cities and regions nearby, you will find public transportation, local buses, trains and even metro in the immediate neighbourhood of the hotel. Or perhaps you would choose the tram to take you on a short sightseeing tour.Whether travelling on business or leisure, welcome to enjoy the Finnish hospitality at Holiday Inn Helsinki City Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Helsinki City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.