Vienna has a history enriched with royalty. Hence palaces are in abundance. This hotel too is housed in a grand and beautiful palace of a royal subject of the past. The hotel has a beautiful park opposite and a concert hall "Mozart" where lively concerts take place. If you are interested book in advance through the hotel and simply walk to the venue across the road. But don't buy the most expensive ticket because it doesn't matter whether you sit in the first row or somewhere at the back because its not a very big hall and you have to hear more than to see.Walk to the back of the hotel are where small way side restaurants are situated serving wine, beer and good food(not Indian). For Indian food, there is one ahead(200 meters) of the French embassy.
When you choose this hotel, please request them not to give you a room on the top most floor . Those rooms have slanting roof and small round windows. If you wish to see outside, you have to jump or put a stool.(*I am 5ft 10 inches tall). The hotel staff is very sweet and helpful(though they are reluctant to give you a change for your 200 or 500 Euro note. They guide you to an ATM machine situated next door in the premises of their competitors. The door man of the hotel about which I am writing about has a doorman who tries to help you out with the concierge services, fetching taxis, carrying your luggage inside or outside etc etc, but appears to be hand in glove with the taxi drivers. Hence, better to ignore him. The room decor was excellent and aristocratic. The famous markets, places of tourist attractions(palaces and churches, squares etc) are very close by. There is a "Butterfly park" situated in one of the monuments where entry is by costly tickets. DON'T GO THERE. ITS A MOCKERY OF THE NAME. EXCEPT A FEW ORDINARY BUTTERFLIES, THERE IS NOTHING.But see the Parliament building. Its very very beautiful. All this is 5 minutes drive from the hotel. I would love to stay here again.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Blu Palais Hotel, Vienna Hotel
- Radisson Blu Palais Hotel, Vienna Hotel Vienna
- Radisson Vienna
- Vienna Radisson
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Elegant Hotel housed in former palace dating from 1872, located near St. Stephen's Cathedral, Opera & shopping. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, HotelTravel.com, Otel and Venere so you can book your Radisson Blu Palais Hotel, Vienna reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.