We stayed at this hotel for one night following a day at Legoland (booked ourselves rather than as part of a package). I had booked online but rang the hotel beforehand and spoke to someone on reception first who was very friendly and helpful.
Check-in was quick and receptionist was friendly. I think the £5 per night parking fee is a bit cheeky. There is plenty of parking, but no direct access to hotel from the underground car park after 10.30pm. We buzzed for entry but no reply, therefore a long walk with tired children and bags to the entrance or had to struggle up a spiral staircase.
On arrival in the room we were very pleased that our special request of camp bed and cot for our children had been fulfilled. However, the underside of the camp bed was very sharp (missing rubber feet?) and it looked quite elderly. We all bashed into the sharp edge at least once and Mr Alwayschocolate managed to cut his foot. The travel cot supplied looked new but had been positioned in the room bizarrely under a low corner shelf with sharp edges, which was a bit dangerous. We removed the ice bucket and glasses from the shelf but there wasn’t really anywhere else to position the cot. There was no charge for children to stay and eat when sharing the room with parents.
The room was nicely furnished, and looked like it had been done fairly recently. The tea and coffee making facilities were hidden in cupboard. The bed was very hard. One bedside lamp didn't work. The room itself was clean.
The bathroom had not been modernised at the same time as the room and felt rather tired, although clean (apart from one large clump of black hair right in the middle of the floor). The thermostat controlled mixer tap was a little difficult to work out as numbers had rubbed off, otherwise a very good shower. The basin and tap need replacing, it was difficult to turn the tap off and the basin surface was crazed and stained.
The bathroom fittings were a little odd - loo roll hidden under counter top and toilet flush handle inexplicably located next to shower taps (although later we spotted instructions on how to find them on wall).The liquid soap was empty.
The air conditioning unit was easy to understand and worked well, it also had a convenient remote control. There was an iron and ironing board in the room.
From a family perspective I didn’t really like the inappropriate advert for "hot adult television" on the desk, glad the children can't read yet! Also the curtains are blackout, but hung away from the window so largely ineffective, the room was light very early in the morning and the children woke up.
The breakfast room was incredibly hot. They had tried to counter this with one small fan and having one window open but it was quite suffocating. I’m not sure why they couldn’t sort out air conditioning in here when it seemed efficient in the bedroom? The cooked breakfast itself was pretty awful. My four year old said “What’s that thing on your plate that looks a bit like a sausage?” I replied “It is a sausage”, the astonished reply “No it’s not!”. It was rather yellow in colour and spongy in texture. I didn’t even bother trying the scrambled egg as it looked so unpleasant.
On check out I mentioned the issue with the camp bed, as I wanted to warn them against using it with someone else, however I was told that I couldn’t just report it I had to speak to a manager and she had to fill in a form. This took rather a long time when we were in a hurry to leave. The duty manager was very pleasant but really struggled to understand and write English. For example I said ‘second toe, right foot’ she wrote down ‘fourth finger left leg’.
In conclusion the room itself was fine but I’d avoid the cooked breakfast!
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Slough-Windsor Hotel
- Holiday Inn Slough-Windsor Hotel Slough
- Holiday Inn Windsor Berkshire
- Holiday Inn Slough
- Slough Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Holiday Inn Slough Windsor is set in the heart of the Thames Valley, less than 20 miles from central London, convenient for the M25 and Heathrow. The hotel, located at Jct 6, M4 is near to Windsor Castle and Legoland Windsor. Add to this Eton, Ascot and Windsor Race Courses, then the hotel is the ideal base for your stay. Holiday Inn Slough Windsor offers a warm welcome, outstanding service and friendly staff. With 150 air-conditioned bedrooms, offering ensuite bath and shower, high speed internet access (chargeable), pillow menu and some rooms have a view of Windsor Castle. This friendly hotel offers Kids Stay and Eat Free and whether for breakfast or dinner, the Holiday Inn Slough Windsor s Brasserie offers a range of international cuisine or choose the Bar where light meals and snacks are available, as well as being an ideal place for informal meetings.The Holiday Inn Slough Windsor is well located for Slough Trading Estate, Thames Valley Business Parks and Green Park. The hotel has 4 meeting rooms for up to 40 delegates, all with Wireless Internet, natural daylight and air conditioning. With easy access to the M4, M25 and Heathrow, the hotel is ideal for business meetings.More guests choose the Holiday Inn Slough Windsor because we offer a Great Nights Sleep, Great Value Breakfast and Priority Club Rewards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, Hotels.com, Otel and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Slough-Windsor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.