Our family recently stopped for lunch at the Killyhevlin Hotel, Enniskillen. We are very fond of Co. Fermanagh, which has such lovely scenery, well worth a visit. The restaurant at the Killyhevlin was reasonably busy but we were told just to find a table and someone would be over to take our order. We sat down to relax after a long journey and read the menu, deciding that a quick snack on this occasion would suit us rather than have the carvery, as we didn't have that much time.
We sat for quite some time before anyone came to take our order, which was two toasties, a plain sandwich, two teas and a fizzy water. We took in the lovely views and waited, thinking we would be back on the road soon. Twenty minutes later the teas and fizzy water arrived, being informed the sandwiches were on their way. Half an hour after that, two very plain toasties arrived along with the plain sandwich. By that time out tea was cold and I have to say the toasted sandwiches were extremely poor, very plain and greasy. They had obviously been sitting for some time as the cheese within both was nearly solid. Thank goodness my mother-in-law had the plain sandwich which wasn't that bad. After all that, I was presented with a bill for just short of £25.00.
I felt rather sorry for the young man who served us, as he could see the problem and did everything he could to get the food to us without much success. I don't mind paying £25.00 for a snack in a hotel but I expect it to be edible when I get it and served within a reasonable period of time. In my opinion, the restaurant catered only for those using the self service carvery and really didn't want to be bothered by those wanting something different from the table menu. What a pity the kitchen let such a nice hotel down so badly. We won't be back.
- Also Known As:
- Killyhevlin Hotel Enniskillen
- Hotel Killyhevlin
- Killyhevlin Hotel Enniskillen, County Fermanagh
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Prepare to be greeted with sheer beauty and style at the award winning 4* Killyhevlin Hotel & Chalets. With breathtaking views overlooking scenic Lough Erne and exclusive Health Club to enjoy- this hotel truly has it all. Surrounded by private grounds and lakeside gardens, this family run hotel is located only 1km from the town of Enniskillen, Co. Fermanagh. Why not go that one step further and spoil yourself at the Elemis Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets and Priceline so you can book your Killyhevlin Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.