We stayed in a 3 bedroom lough side chalets for 5 nights. We had 2 adults 2 children and a baby in our party. The lodge was well equipped. It consisted of a living/kitchenette area which had a fridge and microwave and ample crockery. Each bedroom had a king size bed, a seating area and an ensuite bathroom with a stand alone bath and separate shower. The lodges were serviced every day and towels replaced if necessary. We had a beautiful view of the lough.
Breakfast each morning consisted of a range of cereals, fruit etc, buffet style cooked breakfast or the possibility to order of a menu. The food was lovely but the service each morning was disappointing - on 4 out of 5 mornings we had to ask for milk, butter, toast and glasses of water over 5 times. This would have been acceptable if we had been on our own but with 3 hungry children, the wait was a little annoying each morning. The staff were trying their best but they did appear under pressure.
We used the pool each morning as kids are allowed in pool between 10am & 4 pm. The facilities were very good and we all enjoyed the pool, steam room, jacuzzi etc. my only flaw is that there were no baby changing facilities. Also if you wish to have a spa treatment make sure you book before you arrive as availability was very limited for the week we were there.
We did not have an evening meal in the restaurant but we did eat in the bar the afternoon we arrived. Food was nice, a bit overpriced for sandwiches. We also ate in the golf bar twice. Again the food was very good but the service was disappointing. We waited for 45 mins for dessert for the children which was only marshmallows and melted chocolate!
The concierge Neil was very pleasant and helpful and added those extra unnecessary touches that meant a lot. I would definitely recommend the lodges for families, the setting is beautiful but for us it lacked the special edge that other five star hotels have.
- Also Known As:
- Lough Erne Hotel Enniskillen
- Lough Erne Hotel
- Lough Erne Enniskillen
- Lough Erne Resort Enniskillen, County Fermanagh
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lough Erne Resort, Enniskillen, Co. Fermanagh, host venue to the G 8 Summit 2013 is the first AA and NITB Five Star Hotel in Northern Ireland and was awarded 'Best Hotel' at the 2011 Northern Ireland Tourism Awards. In 2010, it was awarded ‘Golf Resort of The Year’ by the Irish Golf Tour Operators Association. The Resort is the ultimate expression in old world heritage and new world luxury, set on its very own 600 acre peninsula, between Castle Hume Lough and Lower Lough Erne, just outside Enniskillen, with stunning panoramic views from almost every vantage point. This unique luxury Fermanagh hotel’s facilities include: •120 luxury Rooms and Suites•Two Championship Golf Courses including The Faldo Course, a Golf World & Golf Monthly Top 20 Course (UK & Ireland) and the Championship Castle Hume Course•Rory McIlroy has been its Touring Professional representing The Resort around the World•The Golf Academy, a state of the art Practice and Tuition centre•Authentic Thai Spa, with Thai Therapists using Thai Products and techniques•A variety of innovative Dining Experiences with menus composed by Award winning Chef, Noel McMeel. Including: The Catalina Restaurant, The Blaney Bar with an Exclusive collection of 101 Irish Whiskies; The Loughside Bar & Grill, a variety of Afternoon Teas in The Garden Hall and The Halfway House located behind the 9th Green of The Faldo Championship Course•6 Conference & Meeting Rooms•Cygnets The 'BIG' Experience for our younger guests (0-11 years)•One of Ireland’s most romantic Wedding Venues. All this combined with warm, friendly and attentive service make Lough Erne Resort one of the world’s most magical destinations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Olotels, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Lough Erne Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.