We stayed for a week in May on a Daily Mail offer and used the caravan as a bed for the night, and for what we paid we were happy. We have also stayed at Perran Sands and Devon Cliffs, both of which in my opinion have a better setting than this park.
We arrived fifteen minutes early and the check in car park was full, and a number of people were trying to find a space, as well as two families having an argument shouting at each other out of their car windows, not a good start! We tried to check in and were told to come back later, which we did. When we got to our caravan, which we had upgraded, it was still being checked, but this wasn't an issue. However when we went to put the bedding on the bed the quilt was filthy, and the mattress protector was also a bit grubby. We asked for a new quilt and this was brought without any problems.
The rest of the caravan was clean and generally well maintained, one problem we had was the shower head holder was lose, so that made it difficult to shower without holding it in position. You could also feel every spring in the mattress so we put extra blankets on first and then once you were lying down it wasn't so bad.
We didn't want to complain again so probably our fault for putting up with it.
Initially there was an empty space close to our caravan, then a new caravan appeared. The following morning we were woken up at arounf 9am by the siting team who had obviously been sent to position the caravan, but had their van radio on quite loud. I have to be up seven days a week, so a lie in on holiday is a luxury, other quests is one thing, but being woken up by Haven staff listening to the radio is not really acceptable.
The park is very well maintained and access to the beach is a short walk across a field. Overall we were satisfied with what we got for the price we paid.
- Also Known As:
- Weymouth Bay Holiday Park Hotel
- Weymouth Bay Holiday Park Hotel Weymouth
- Weymouth Bay Holiday Park Dorset
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Great for:• Green play space • Swimming pools and Lazy River• Rural and relaxing atmosphereAre you looking for an open park with its own green playing field, a river running through the middle and a secluded woodland walk? Then look no further than Weymouth Bay. If you and your kids get all hot and sticky exploring our park, then we’ve got a pretty impressive pair of indoor and outdoor pools you might be interested in jumping into. If you manage to tear your family away from our adventure playground and the Lazy River then you could spend the day at the beach, just over a mile away. ... more less